GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Other Atheist Here?

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
So being atheist is like being vegan now where you announce it to everyone and nobody cares eh?

Cool thread breh
For me, it's kind of like being at a party where the doorman asks a simple question, where does the sun go at night? If you answer something besides the obvious answer, you don't get in. You'd be surprised how many people get this wrong, or are afraid to even look. I'm simply saying, it's not forbidden knowledge, and imaginary threats are just that, imaginary. Morality, eternity, yada yada, and the grand prize, the secret of life. Mostly I'm just here because I want to mod my car, and I find kinship with people who are generous with knowledge. See the correlation?
No secret handshake. (that I know of)

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
The world can seem magical if we're unable, or unwilling, to ask simple questions.
What are some properties of matter---temperature, density, and salinity. Simple mysteries become stairs to an even higher perspective. Now we have an insight into weather fronts as well.
tides.jpg

The sun is in the center of our solar system, but it is also moving through space. If our point of reference is in Europe a thousand years ago, then I have to wonder if it's even possible for us to get the right answer. We could get at least part of the way there or we wouldn't be where we are now. Brave men taking small steps is how it happened.
Teaching and indocrination are not the same thing.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
The entire galaxy is moving if we're splitting hairs.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
Atheists Anonymous
They do go on about their faith, which to me is a sign of how desperate their situation had become. Having been married for 30 years, I've learned to interpret what people say into the language of reality. Mostly, they're saying that change can be hard, and disorienting, but not to worry because on the other side of that fear is a person that deals with their problems. They talk about how pride and hubris get in the way of clear thinking and recommend regular meditations to keep ourselves grounded to minimize blindsides and emotional meltdowns. Parts of it really are quite useful.
Edit-There's usually an outsized guilt thing going on too, and there are tools for dealing with that as well.

Last edited: