GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Also wrbotech changed their compositions and the original engineers went to g-loc pads (g-skil?). I liked their compounds but I went with ebc this go around for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good experiences with g-loc pads, top notch support and compounds. I run their GS-1 pads on the street and R-12 / R-8 on the track. The only thing I would recommend would be to have them pre-bed so you don't have to waste a track session bedding pads. I've tried to bed them on the street and can't get enough heat in them to do it properly.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I've had good experiences with g-loc pads, top notch support and compounds. I run their GS-1 pads on the street and R-12 / R-8 on the track. The only thing I would recommend would be to have them pre-bed so you don't have to waste a track session bedding pads. I've tried to bed them on the street and can't get enough heat in them to do it properly.

I just ordered mine with pre-bed. Sounds like 40.00 well spent. Good to hear.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Eeeewww EBC
yeah definitely not a fan of ebc yeah

w00000t the last 3 pistons for my brake calipers weren't supposed to ship until May 5 but I just got a tracking number that they'll be here tomorrow.

Thanks for the link boosted

No problem, i know it wasnt same company but thought id send some knowledge your way :thumbsup:

There is a track day this Saturday btw

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yeah definitely not a fan of ebc yeah

No problem, i know it wasnt same company but thought id send some knowledge your way :thumbsup:

There is a track day this Saturday btw

Won't be able to make it saturday but that does allow me to work on the car this weekend. I need to borrow a compressor from someone.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
w00000t the last 3 pistons for my brake calipers weren't supposed to ship until May 5 but I just got a tracking number that they'll be here tomorrow.

That's literally the only thing left aside from changing all the fluids which wont' take more than an hour.

HYPED :happyanim:

O wow. Not bad!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Won't be able to make it saturday but that does allow me to work on the car this weekend. I need to borrow a compressor from someone.

Blow them pistons out [emoji1303]. Best way to do it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You can use like needle nose and tools like that if you’re not re using them. Blowing them out is the best way imo.

yikes. I'd think that would damage things. I'm replacing them with new pistons but I'd still be leery of damaging the bore trying to get them out with tools