GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What tires? How'd that work out for you?

I ran 35/35 hot last time out on 225/45-17 RS4s and there was no sidewall rollover, handling was fine. Next time I think I'm going to try 35/29 and see how that feels.
Rs4 have really stiff sidewalls, I love them, on my 3rd set. I usually go about 33 hot

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Rs4 have really stiff sidewalls, I love them, on my 3rd set. I usually go about 33 hot

I spent a good bit of time on Google trying to figure out what was normal to run in these, and it looked to me like anywhere in the 30-35 range was good.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
My good pal Google told me to run 0psi hot front and rear for maximum tire grip.

/s

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Will be running at Autobahn country club tomorrow - excited to finally get out there. I'll post a quick lap for critique after I'm back!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Will be running at Autobahn country club tomorrow - excited to finally get out there. I'll post a quick lap for critique after I'm back!
Aw man, I wanted to go but my brake fluid didn't arrive in time. I love the guys at Laps, really a great group. When I first got into tracking they took me under their wing and gave me some excellent instructors. If you get a chance ask to ride in Ken's lotus exige, you'll learn a ton just from going out with him

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
What tires? How'd that work out for you?

I ran 35/35 hot last time out on 225/45-17 RS4s and there was no sidewall rollover, handling was fine. Next time I think I'm going to try 35/29 and see how that feels.

That was on a set of Dunlop Direzza IIs. I had nice even temps all the away across the tread. I'll try 35 hot once I get my RS-4s mounted.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
UPS FINALLY delivered my second pair of R-S4s yesterday. They sat on them for almost 2 weeks. I signed up for a track day at Laguna Seca on July 5th, but I'm on the waitlist.

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
maybe I was expecting too much, but I was really underwhelmed by the car. I had both my Evo and the Golf there, the difference was night and day between the two cars. I was probably trying to corner too fast, but even with trail braking the car did not want to turn in. haven't sorted through the videos yet. I am considering a spring/strut setup to help the car's balance a little more

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
maybe I was expecting too much, but I was really underwhelmed by the car. I had both my Evo and the Golf there, the difference was night and day between the two cars. I was probably trying to corner too fast, but even with trail braking the car did not want to turn in. haven't sorted through the videos yet. I am considering a spring/strut setup to help the car's balance a little more
Haven’t run at a full track yet, but I was experiencing the same feeling. Put slightly better tires on and a huge rear sway bar, helped turn in a lot. That in combination with XDS turned up, makes the car really rotate sometimes. Definitely not for everyone and I’m sure others will have better advice, but I hope it gives you an insight to what some small changes can do!

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Camber plates on this platform are huge, most people see that as a hardcore mod but it's honestly not. You dont need more than -2 degrees in front to significantly improve turn in
Have you adjusted your toe as well or no? I’ve heard like 1 degree or two toe out helps a ton as well, but will make it unstable at higher speeds for obvious reasons

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Have you adjusted your toe as well or no? I’ve heard like 1 degree or two toe out helps a ton as well, but will make it unstable at higher speeds for obvious reasons

I intend to dial it back a bit, but right now I'm at about 1/8 inch toe out, which an online alignment calculator says is .28 degrees total toe out (.14 degrees per side). It feels as stable as ever and isn't at all darty on the freeway.