GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody use the Euro short shift kit from ECS ?

theunderlord

Ready to race!
ECS shows it "on order", so hopefully when they get one in, someone can buy it and tell us what the deets are.

since no one's going to believe a word of what ECS's forum trolls say. :D

mikeh61

Ready to race!
just got an email that audi is out of stock and has back ordered the lever and ecs has theres as oct 7th

mikeh61

Ready to race!
got mine yesterday from ecs. very easy install(10-15 mins if you have an intake). i like it, not super short or notchy, but you can tell its shorter than stock. easily worth $50 imo

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
got mine yesterday from ecs. very easy install(10-15 mins if you have an intake). i like it, not super short or notchy, but you can tell its shorter than stock. easily worth $50 imo

how is the effort? same as stock?

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Just swapped the VF Shifter for Euro OEM Shifter.

I like it lot. Not that really short like the VF is. Euro shifter shifts smoothly and nice. Not really short but it is shorter than the Factory OEM shifter.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Just swapped the VF Shifter for Euro OEM Shifter.

I like it lot. Not that really short like the VF is. Euro shifter shifts smoothly and nice. Not really short but it is shorter than the Factory OEM shifter.

I'm curious. Why would you switch out one short shifter for another?

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious. Why would you switch out one short shifter for another?

VF is aggressive than the Euro OEM. More reduction throw.

VF has two settings (20% and 36%). Euro has 10% to 15% reduction throw. I am happy with the Euro Shifter since I do lot of daily driving.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
VF is aggressive than the Euro OEM. More reduction throw.

VF has two settings (20% and 36%). Euro has 10% to 15% reduction throw. I am happy with the Euro Shifter since I do lot of daily driving.

I find that interesting. I would think the more you drive (eg: daily driving) you more you would enjoy a short shifter... unless it increases the throw effort.
I presume the OEM Euro doesn't increase effort. By the way, ECS is advertising 15% to 20% reduction I thought so that should be just like the 20% setting on the VF.

Last edited: