GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

the

Autocross Champion
You guys good? No need to gatekeep anyone's hobbies or side hustle. I'm pretty sure you could grow, mine, and collect shoes if you wanted to.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
You guys good? No need to gatekeep anyone's hobbies or side hustle. I'm pretty sure you could grow, mine, and collect shoes if you wanted to.
I merely attempted to explain a better way of making money. Imagine some fuck bitch u never met named Elon fucking up your money from 5 thousand miles away, with just a few words. That’s crazy.

there are far better ways of making extra money. And with way less risk too

how are u btw? Having a good Sunday?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
🔥 🌋
13BC08A6-A4F9-42AE-A622-F922CD4D4BBF.jpeg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Especally if you live in a legal state, you can just grow weed instead. Initial investment is higher but pay off makes up for it. Delay veg by a month. Scrog your shit out. And with the right strain your box is banging 2 p’s every 1k watts

Honestly, it'll be legal to grow here soon. I won't be able to consume because of work, but I've already got some 600W grow lights and a heating mat. I live in a college town. Once it's legal here I'll grow and trade my stuff for beer I guess. Need to figure out how many grams equal a four pack of local craft 😂

kevbass52

Ready to race!
In order to mine Ethereum you will need a video card, something like a GTX 1060 or RTX 580 is probably minimum entry level. Assuming you have a video card, you will need an Ethereum address, which you can sign up for at Coinbase.com. Your Coinbase account is going to be the most important part of this process, treat it like a bank account, something you never want to lose. Store the login information somewhere safe, and set up two factor authentication on the account.

Step 1: Creating a wallet for your Ethereum

Once you have created a Coinbase account and you are at the home-page, click on the "Send/Receive" button to find your Ethereum address.

View attachment 213064

Once the Send / Receive menu is open, change the Asset type to Ethereum and copy the address for later. Important - If you try storing Ethereum in other type of Asset accounts, such as a Bitcoin wallet, you will almost certainly lose it. Make sure your Asset type matches the type of coin you are going to store.

View attachment 213074
Your Coinbase account is where you will be able to store your Ethereum while you decide what to do with it. You can also trade it for other coins, such at Bitcoin or Dogecoin. You can choose to sell the coins if you want, but personally I am saving every coin I earn, as I expect Ethereum to only increase in value over time.

Step 2: Choosing a mining pool

The next thing you will need to mine Ethereum is a mining pool. Mining pools are public servers that offer payouts for mining Ethereum. In return, you pay a percentage of your mined Ethereum to the pool. In this example, the fee is 1%, about as low as you will see for a mining pool. In order to get connected to a pool, we simply need the mining address, which in this example we will see at https://ethermine.org/start.

View attachment 213075

There are several options to choose from, so pick what is closest to you. I have chosen US East, the address format should be ip address:port, so us1.ethermine.org:4444 is what we want to target.

Step 3: Choose your mining software

There are several different options for mining software right there on the Ethermine website. However, for this example I have chosen T-Rex miner. T-Rex miner is regarded as one of the easiest to start miners, with a simple-low impact interface, and highly optimized hash-rates that require little to no user interaction.

You can download T-Rex miner at https://trex-miner.com/. Keep in mind, your computer may detect T-Rex miner or the associated batch files as a virus. This is a false-positive, meaning it's not actually a virus. In order to get T-Rex miner working, you may need to disable active protection in Windows Defender, or whichever anti-virus you are using. If your anti-virus allows for a whitelist, whitelist the .exe file instead.

View attachment 213076

With T-Rex miner installed, you are going to see a large list of batch files to choose from. Since we are using Ethermine in this example, and we are mining Ethereum, use the batch file ETH-ethermine.bat. However, don't run the batch file yet! We need to configure it to your Ethereum address, and to the mining pool of your choice. Right click on the batch file and select "Edit".

'
View attachment 213079

This is what the batch file "Eth-ethermine" is configured to by default. Before you get started, you will need to modify the mining address, and your Ehereum address.

For me, this meant changing eu1 to us1, to make sure I was in the US East mining pool.
Next up, change the 0x1 address above to the one from your Coinbase account in Step 1. If you miss this step, your coins will go to the default wallet in the batch file!
Finally, if you want, change the name of "rig0" to whatever you choose. This is your custom rig name, just make sure it's not inappropriate, as your mining efforts are publicly available on the ethermine website.

Step 4: Start Mining

With the changes above made to the batch file, time to start mining. Simply double click the file Eth-ethermine.bat, and a windows command prompt will launch. This command prompt starts the T-Rex Software with the variables you entered above in the batch file. Keep in mind, you need to leave this window running at all times while you mine.

View attachment 213080

This is the raw output of the T-Rex miner, where you will find all of the valuable information relating to your mining efforts. If you have made it this far you are officially mining Ethereum. However, be sure and double check the settings below.

The first line that will appear is the custom information you entered in the batch file above. Ensure the mining address is correct, and make double sure your Ethereum address is correct!
You will also notice the arrow points to the address of your control panel. T-Rex miner runs a light-weight web-ui to monitor your miner's progress, simply enter this address into any web-browser.
Your GPUs will be automatically detected by T-Rex miner, and the hash-rates associated with each are constantly updated in the web-ui, and the command prompt.

View attachment 213081

The Web UI is how you should get used to monitoring your miner. If you need to stop mining for any reason, use the the "Shutdown miner" button to stop and start operations.

Final Step: Where's my money?

Everything regarding your money earned can be found on your Ethermine dashboard. Your Ethermine dashboard can be found at https://ethermine.org/miners/<YOUR-MINING-ADDRESS>/dashboard. Edit the link to include your mining address. This is the address you setup with Coinbase, and the address you appended to the batch file above. If you go to the Settings page, this is where you can adjust your payout. The minimum payout is 0.1 Eth, which is what I selected, so once my account reaches 0.1 Eth, it will automatically transfer to my coinbase account. In order to verify these settings, you will need to enter your public IP address. You can get your public IP address from Google, simply by search for "IP"

View attachment 213083

View attachment 213082

Interested in how much you can make a year? After you have ran your miner for an hour enter your average numbers here - https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=75&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=320golf&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1
You're the GOAT for this. Just started mining today. Thanks man!

Reactions: the