GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone order a new GFB DV+ recently?

Jaber

Modero
Yeah I try to re oil the brass piston at least every 3rd oil change. I found that with the old version the brass piston was bone dry after several thousand miles and was susceptible to getting stuck and not performing as it should, so I went ahead and bought a new one. Unbeknownst to me there were several revisions since 2015 and I just happened to buy the latest version

What kind of behavior did you notice when it would get stuck?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
A lot of pigeons when going wot, very jerky power delivery as well... so I decided to just replace everything with all new GFB and rev D. Now when going wot I get instant power all the way to 6K rpm's with no hesitation.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Well need to check mine now....$$$

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
The pics that I have are difficult to see but I took this pic from google images.
This pic is an exact representation of my old version of gfb.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!

That is unfortunately the best pic I have at the moment. The one on the left is the older version.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Here's another response I received from the company as to why they made several revisions leading up to their latest revision:

Hi Steven,
The valve has been designed not to need re lubrication after the initial lubrication when assembling. We don’t mention the 10000 mile re lubrication in our instructions so you shouldn’t need to relubricate it.

Cheers,

Gunda Adrian | Go Fast Bits
No 2, Norman Street, Peakhurst 2210
T +61 2 9534 0099 | F +61 2 9534 3999
E gunda.adrian@gfb.com.au | W www.gfb.com.au
Description: Logo thumbnail

Last edited:

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I think it's worth paying for to have one less maintenance item to worry about.

Jaber

Modero
Hmm. Damn, I must of skipped over the part where you need to relube the piston every 10k miles lol. I bought mine in June 2014.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Can't say I have issues either. So guess when I have time to kill and engine is cool, I'll take it out and relube it. I got about 17k on mine :lol:

when i went to install the DV+ there seems to be oil vapors flowing thought the DV area cause when i took out my DV there was oil on it. so wouldn't that be enough to keep it lubed?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Yes I agree, but I've never experienced oil in the diverter valve solenoid itself with the DV+ attached to it. That's the reason I bought an all new GFB dv+ and Rev D together