GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Ko4 GTI vs APR Stage 2 S3

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
That's actually not bad at all and sounds 100% legit to me.

I know from a dig, the S3 would have won because of the AWD advantage, but this just proves the whole point that I made over a year ago. These guys in their MK7 GTis, even at their stage 2 levels, will not be a match for a K04 MK6. The marketing hype that tuners made about a million HP being made from even stage 1 tunes (I'm looking at you APR!) was simply that - hype. And false hype as well.

Thanks for the video dude. Maybe with some WMI you'd be dead even or even pull slightly on the S3. :D

I'd love to see a similar video showing a stock 7R/S3 against a K04 MK6 like yours. Considering the difference a stage 2 tune makes on the new MQB platform, I'm willing to say that a K04 MK6 would be substantially faster than a stock 7R/S3.

..........I'd still rather be driving that S3 though. lol

Marting16

I have my other video up on YouTube as well against a MK7 GTI stage 2 running 100oct and I pulled about a car to car and a half length on him, granted his is standard vs my dsg but even then the result won't be much different.
Also I do think in dry conditions with proper tires, full exhaust and fmi the ko4 should be dead even if not pull on the S3, my ko4 isn't fbo yet just intake and downpipe and those were the results �� Just proves the hype is just a hype

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Good run! AWD definitely has the advantage in rainy conditions. I'm curious, did the S3 have a passenger too?

Also, where the hell did you manage to find an S3 on the road out here? I drive 95, 128, 3, and 495 daily and haven't seen one yet. :(

Last edited:

Marting16

Yes the S3 also had a passenger in it, And this was at H2Oi thats how haha a friend of mine asked me if i wanted to run a Stage 2 FBO S3 so i said yes didnt even have to find him. :)

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
That's actually not bad at all and sounds 100% legit to me.

I know from a dig, the S3 would have won because of the AWD advantage, but this just proves the whole point that I made over a year ago. These guys in their MK7 GTis, even at their stage 2 levels, will not be a match for a K04 MK6. The marketing hype that tuners made about a million HP being made from even stage 1 tunes (I'm looking at you APR!) was simply that - hype. And false hype as well.

Thanks for the video dude. Maybe with some WMI you'd be dead even or even pull slightly on the S3. :D

I'd love to see a similar video showing a stock 7R/S3 against a K04 MK6 like yours. Considering the difference a stage 2 tune makes on the new MQB platform, I'm willing to say that a K04 MK6 would be substantially faster than a stock 7R/S3.

..........I'd still rather be driving that S3 though. lol

I ran a stock S3 in October..... Was hard to tell how far behind he got but I think they put up a decent fight, however I still had him behind me in my review mirror. Would have to run again to be sure how it would go.

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePhwpMaAmY

sorry guys, but its not hype, this isnt me but i stumbled upon it today, dont know the extent of the mods, but what i can assume is downpipe tune intake vs k04 downpipe tune intake

the hype is real, my mk7 dynos more on the same dyno vs 3.1v k04s
with that being said getting a real protune on a ko4 mk6 is a different story, but just 2 off the shelf tunes and bolt ons i believe mk7 stage 2 vs ko4 mk6s is a good match

dead_catz

Ready to race!

sorry guys, but its not hype, this isnt me but i stumbled upon it today, dont know the extent of the mods, but what i can assume is downpipe tune intake vs k04 downpipe tune intake

with that being said getting a real protune on a ko4 mk6 is a different story, but just 2 off the shelf tunes and bolt ons i believe mk7 stage 2 vs ko4 mk6s is a good match

That video is nothing but a black screen with some headlights popping in for a bit, Im thinking thats a saturn ion and a golf 2.5l

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

So what you're saying is that a Stage 2 MK7 GTi is 100% on par (equal) to a Stage 2 MK7 R? Are you even listening to yourself? The video the OP posted is proof that a K04 MK6 GTi is definitely faster than a stage 2 MK7 GTi.

End of story.

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
^ from a roll probably, they both trap the same at about 115 mph, why would anybody lie, no one cares about being better by lying, if you guys don't wanna watch the video and believe it's 2 completely different cars to make you guys feel better by all means do it. But I'm just here to say my car put down better numbers than ko4 Gtis on the same dyno, and stage 2 gti record for the quarter mile is 11.85 that wasn't even full bolt ons

dead_catz

Ready to race!
^ from a roll probably, they both trap the same at about 115 mph, why would anybody lie, no one cares about being better by lying, if you guys don't wanna watch the video and believe it's 2 completely different cars to make you guys feel better by all means do it. But I'm just here to say my car put down better numbers than ko4 Gtis on the same dyno, and stage 2 gti record for the quarter mile is 11.85 that wasn't even full bolt ons

Ok you win your video was awesome and CLEARLY proves your point :lol:

Marting16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzW52snWjo

Thats my car again running against a apr stage 2 mk7 gti on 100 oct tune and im on the 93 oct tune running v3.1. The mk7 is a friend of mines and got the work done at the same shop and i can vouch it was the stage 2 tune. This was from a 30 roll, first run i was breaking boost and second run he was breaking boost.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'm not arguing with the video proof, but I feel confident in saying that my MK7 with JB1 on Map 6 w/ E20 would keep up with my old FBO K04 MKV no problem.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
The marketing hype that tuners made about a million HP being made from even stage 1 tunes (I'm looking at you APR!) was simply that - hype. And false hype as well.

APR claims 315hp for Stage 1 Mk7 and 360hp for K04 Mk6. When did APR ever say that a Stage 1 Mk7 would beat a K04 Mk6? The cars perform exactly how the numbers suggest.