GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the DQ250 DSG & S tronic TCU Upgrade!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Wow, my tuner has heard horror stories of the install taking like 3 hours.. this can't possibly be true APR is it? As long as you have the right box codes all mapped out ahead of time, what is the install time like?

kakluote

Ready to race!
Wow, my tuner has heard horror stories of the install taking like 3 hours.. this can't possibly be true APR is it? As long as you have the right box codes all mapped out ahead of time, what is the install time like?

In 3mins

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Haha seriously? Maybe the guy was pulling my leg with the hours comment. How easy is it to plug into the DSG than the ECU?

KO7

Ready to race!
I got this tune yesterday and I immediately noticed a difference in feel compared
to stock. The jerkiness on rolling stops are still there for me but dramatically reduced by, id say around 80%. D mode is pretty amazing now. It knows exactly when to shift so you are never stuck in too high of a gear at low speeds. Spirited driving in manual mode is a whole new animal. The improved shift speed can be felt and heard because the dsg farts are super fast now. I think it sounds really cool lol.Overall, I am happy with the tune and highly recommend it.

Where did you get this done in BC and what was the total price?

k0mpresd

Ready to race!

flash time over obd using magic x17:

IDENT: 02E300057C
DSG type: DQ250F11
Erase section 00030000
Write section 00030000
Write file in 5 minutes and 48 seconds
Finished OK

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
flash time over obd using magic x17:

IDENT: 02E300057C
DSG type: DQ250F11
Erase section 00030000
Write section 00030000
Write file in 5 minutes and 48 seconds
Finished OK

^what is This? Any info?

k0mpresd

Ready to race!
^what is This? Any info?

thats just an example to show how long it takes to flash dsg using the tool i own. no where near 3hrs and no other tool should take anywhere near that either, even if reading dsg is required as well.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Alright you guys give me high hopes. Now I just have to hope my TCU is on file with APR otherwise that may be the waiting time.

MskVWx1

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you get this done in BC and what was the total price?

Done at rpi. $658 +tax and labour. My total cost was 850 after taxes because I had ecu software and map sensor installed at the same time

Charlotte CC

Ready to race!
APR custom writes each file. You need to extract the file, send it to APR, they modify it and send it back, then you install. This complete process takes at least a couple of hours. More than likely, extract one day, come back the next for install.

No blanket tunes waiting to be loaded on a server.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
APR custom writes each file. You need to extract the file, send it to APR, they modify it and send it back, then you install. This complete process takes at least a couple of hours. More than likely, extract one day, come back the next for install.

No blanket tunes waiting to be loaded on a server.

Wait what? So you're saying that if I go to APR dealer tomorrow and ask for DSG tune they would have to extract something and send it to APR headquarters and wait for a file back from them?

Tom/APR

Wait what? So you're saying that if I go to APR dealer tomorrow and ask for DSG tune they would have to extract something and send it to APR headquarters and wait for a file back from them?

No, the actual flashing of DSG software usually takes less than five minutes. The only reason you would have to wait more than a few minutes is if we do not have a copy of your TCU box code/software version number.

In that case, the distributor extracts the software (also usually takes less than 5 minutes) and then it takes us a few hours to get the software made for your specific TCU.

Currently, we already have thousands of box codes already on the server, so the chances we DON'T have your software grows less and less each day...

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
It seems to be that my BoxCode 02E300011DC S1973 is not awaylable.
Have been talking to many expert on this and no one have seen this BoxCode before.

Can APR tel me if I have unike/strange BoxCode?
Did you ever extract this file up to now?

I will be extracting it as soon as my dealer gets the proper tooling.

Thanks

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
No, the actual flashing of DSG software usually takes less than five minutes. The only reason you would have to wait more than a few minutes is if we do not have a copy of your TCU box code/software version number.

In that case, the distributor extracts the software (also usually takes less than 5 minutes) and then it takes us a few hours to get the software made for your specific TCU.

Currently, we already have thousands of box codes already on the server, so the chances we DON'T have your software grows less and less each day...

Thanks for clearing that up. My box code is available, I already checked.