GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2 Tune / TX inspection FAIL

AW in a VW

Ready to race!
Uh oh.. I forgot the rules! Or am I Tyler Durden? On a serious note, I'd be surprised to find a local enthusiast who doesn't already know about it.

ThatGuy1

We have some people that take things a little to seriously. I agree that it is stupid on an axhaust. I asked them if they would fail me when I go stage 2. I hate the inspection for that reason, anyone can do whatever they want. In short I do apologize and I think BDTuning gave you a contact at Hewlett for your future needs *wink*. We also have a tech that can be assinged to you for permanent visits. Like I stated though, please let me know if we owe you money. We need to get you a refund immediately if needed.

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
OK thread revival time, did you fine out why your uni tuned ecm fried? Im supposed to go stage two this month.

fanclerks

Ready to race!
UPDATE: I passed inspection!

Under the professional advisement from Mike at BDTuning, this is what I did:
1) ECU at Stock. (Stage 1 should work too)
2) Installed this http://amzn.com/B00AQ7972O
3) All systems READY and no Check Engine Light. Done!

I know this is an old thread but I’m trying to get my inspection to pass too and running into similar issue with O2 sensor. I’ve got this same exact spacer installed but I don’t know if I have the right restricted piece installed. Can you recall whether you used the small or large one? I currently have in the mid-size one and have gotten issues with the sensor not being ready. Trying to see what I need to do to get this resolved so I can get my car registered again.

fanclerks

Ready to race!
Just got my results back and they say that two monitors are Not Ready, one of which is the O2 sensor and other is A/C?? They seem to think just driving it will make them fine but I’m pretty sure it’s the tune messing with them. How do I fix it so those are Ready and I pass???

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my results back and they say that two monitors are Not Ready, one of which is the O2 sensor and other is A/C?? They seem to think just driving it will make them fine but I’m pretty sure it’s the tune messing with them. How do I fix it so those are Ready and I pass???

Short answer is you can't without flashing back to stock mode. The readiness monitors are disabled on the stage 2 chipped tunes. If you have the EMCS map switching, you can just use the cruise control stalk to switch back to the stock map.

See similar thread from a couple weeks ago:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119774

fanclerks

Ready to race!
Short answer is you can't without flashing back to stock mode. The readiness monitors are disabled on the stage 2 chipped tunes. If you have the EMCS map switching, you can just use the cruise control stalk to switch back to the stock map.

See similar thread from a couple weeks ago:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119774

Thanks for the response! I just got off the phone with APR and they said my tune is so old I don’t have a non-testpipe program so I need to get it updated to one that has the stock program as non-testpipe. He said once I had that I can put it in stock and let those register and then switch to a tuned program and it’ll pass.

fanclerks

Ready to race!
New tune is applied and I’ve driven in stock mode long enough for the check engine light to come on. I’d assume that means the tune isn’t blocking the readiness monitors now. How do I go about getting the light to go off and all the monitors showing ready like needed? The tuner said he could do it by flashing to true stock and getting them to pass and then get tested but it sounded like a huge hassle and I’d prefer to not have to pay for another emission test at a different place.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
New tune is applied and I’ve driven in stock mode long enough for the check engine light to come on. I’d assume that means the tune isn’t blocking the readiness monitors now. How do I go about getting the light to go off and all the monitors showing ready like needed? The tuner said he could do it by flashing to true stock and getting them to pass and then get tested but it sounded like a huge hassle and I’d prefer to not have to pay for another emission test at a different place.

I've passed Stage 2 (Cobb/Stratified) up here in Dallas for the last 3 years without flashing to stock or swapping exhaust.

My car's charcoal canister got punctured recently when my regular shop installed my wmi kit. After fixing it, the shop attempted to force readiness but it seems my tune was blocking it. I put about 25-30 miles on the car and everything set on it own. Only thing that didn't set was the catalyst, but we're allowed to fail 1 or 2 monitors here in TX.

Is your apr exhaust catted? I'm guessing you just need a spacer for the o2 readiness to clear on stock tune :iono: . Idk about the A/C not being ready... that one is odd.

You should be able to check/force readiness with vcds.

Last edited: