GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are dealers taking orders for the 2012 GTI yet?

Evel_E

I have been working with a couple of dealers here in the Columbus, Ohio area. I am looking to order a 2012 GTI Autobahn.

One dealer says they don't yet have ordering guides or pricing and ordering now wouldn't get me the car any faster than waiting until all of the information is available. Their projected delivery date is October.

The other dealer says they do have ordering guides and if I order now, I would likely have a car by August.

I would rather buy the car from dealer number one based on their reputation, but I really don't want to wait until October to get my car.

Based on what I have read, 2012 GTI's should be showing up at dealers in July, so order/build must already have begun?

Who should I believe between these two dealers?

JohnathanD

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I want the 2012 Autobahn as well. I'm personally gonna wait till they show up, we still don't know what pricing would be, so why would you blindly put a deposit down?

Also, I have heard so many different things, and the only difference for us will be the LED DRL's and the rims. But nothing is set in stone yet. As far as I know.

wutsupdoc1

Ready to race!
Haven't heard anything about the 2012s yet. Though VW has released info on the 2012 passat, but probably because it was redesigned.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd go 2011 to avoid those LED headlights!!! :eek::eek::laugh:

shappy

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd go 2011 to avoid those LED headlights!!! :eek::eek::laugh:

I have to agree. Cars that have them now stick out like a sore thumb, no way to blend in with traffic with them. Having those LED DRL's will be like driving a red car with neon yellow polka dots! Cops will eyeball you literally a mile away!

P

plac

hmm do those LEDs replace the fogs?? Does the 2012 even have fogs? I didnt see them in a pic..

btw, i like those LED more than those awful vertical fogs..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
pretty sure you get both the xmas tree LED's AND the vertical fogs on the Autobahn trim in 2012 - yay!

rtnlsltn

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually just spoke with a dealer tonight about ordering a 2012. They told me they can't tell me if the option packages differ until they go to place the order, but they noted they should be the same. He said once they order, it'll kick back if there are variances in the availability. I should know more tomorrow when he calls me back. The salesmen I spoke with tonight wasn't that good, I have a feeling my actual salesman will know more. If all goes right, I'll be ordering my 2012 this week. They said deliveries would be "fall" and that's all they said they could tell me "legally". Kinda sucks to get the car when it's starting to get cold out, would like to enjoy it in the summer while it's still minty fresh. That's the way the ball bounces, I suppose.

Any pointers on getting them down in price. If I'm ordering a car I would think they would be more apt to work with me on price. What should I shoot for? Looking at a 2dr DSG w/sunroof&nav, $28,300 + $770 destination = $29,070.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
I actually just spoke with a dealer tonight about ordering a 2012. They told me they can't tell me if the option packages differ until they go to place the order, but they noted they should be the same. He said once they order, it'll kick back if there are variances in the availability. I should know more tomorrow when he calls me back. The salesmen I spoke with tonight wasn't that good, I have a feeling my actual salesman will know more. If all goes right, I'll be ordering my 2012 this week. They said deliveries would be "fall" and that's all they said they could tell me "legally". Kinda sucks to get the car when it's starting to get cold out, would like to enjoy it in the summer while it's still minty fresh. That's the way the ball bounces, I suppose.

Any pointers on getting them down in price. If I'm ordering a car I would think they would be more apt to work with me on price. What should I shoot for? Looking at a 2dr DSG w/sunroof&nav, $28,300 + $770 destination = $29,070.

Anymore info?

shappy

Passed Driver's Ed
Anymore info?

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
:clap: THANK you!

Now for the prices and when they will be at our local dealers.:D

shappy

Passed Driver's Ed
:clap: THANK you!

Now for the prices and when they will be at our local dealers.:D

PM me for prices as I don't want to post that information publicly.

As for when dealers will get them, they are already at the ports and dealers should start to see them by the third week of July.