GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm catted downpipe

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
just buy whatever exhaust you want. If you wanna spend more for a "name brand" then do it, cool thats great. If you wanna spend less for a offbrand or ebay brand thats cool too. The constiency of the name brand will be better but that doesnt mean the ebay/offbrands are bad or good.

Im happy with my Beluga(ebay style) exhaust. The entire turbo back cost me about $500 and it works well and i enjoy it.

flakomk6

Ready to race!
It's a hit and miss with the parts when it comes to name brands and what not . I mean I am super happy with my downpipe and I still have the stock exhaust . I am happy with the end result. I did have some leaks in which I took care of but I did get a low cost downpipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sauce118

Ready to race!
just buy whatever exhaust you want. If you wanna spend more for a "name brand" then do it, cool thats great. If you wanna spend less for a offbrand or ebay brand thats cool too. The constiency of the name brand will be better but that doesnt mean the ebay/offbrands are bad or good.

Im happy with my Beluga(ebay style) exhaust. The entire turbo back cost me about $500 and it works well and i enjoy it.

shiiiiiii*t.. I have CTS DP and a Beluga CB and my car sounds better than if not equal in sound quality to any name brand. Fitment was not perfect, but I made it work, had to do a small amt of home fabrication, but when I bought that exhaust I was on a strict budjet. Its not LOUD, but when you get on it, it rips with the nice little rice pops at the low RPM's. Although the tips are beginning to rust a little ( I could have taken better care of them too), I would buy it all over again.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
shiiiiiii*t.. I have CTS DP and a Beluga CB and my car sounds better than if not equal in sound quality to any name brand. Fitment was not perfect, but I made it work, had to do a small amt of home fabrication, but when I bought that exhaust I was on a strict budjet. Its not LOUD, but when you get on it, it rips with the nice little rice pops at the low RPM's. Although the tips are beginning to rust a little ( I could have taken better care of them too), I would buy it all over again.
my tips are black... from soot.

Talontd

So I completely missed this 3" catted downpipe for $267, huh?
....i'll be in the corner...crying.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
So I completely missed this 3" catted downpipe for $267, huh?
....i'll be in the corner...crying.

the code "armed2017" still seems to be working but it only drops the price to $312.30

contact them and see if they can work with you maybe. I bought mine when I did because it was $262 shipped. Didn't want to risk waiting on it

Talontd

the code "armed2017" still seems to be working but it only drops the price to $312.30

contact them and see if they can work with you maybe. I bought mine when I did because it was $262 shipped. Didn't want to risk waiting on it

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I totaled my MK5 a couple weeks ago and only just got the MK6. I noticed posts about the $262 price and have been trying to find it for a week or so.

I normally just lurk, never really post much here or at Vortex...but missing that price REALLY hurt, lol.

Thanks for the advice, hopefully i'll get lucky...

Sprinqer

Passed Driver's Ed
So, final thoughts on this DP? I just got my MK6 not too long ago - already have a resonator delete and I'm looking into more..."college friendly" DPs. This one seems to be great, just want final confirmation on it before I pull the trigger :D
Also wanted to verify what o2 spacers I needed so I can drive around for a bit without a CEL.
P.S. Pretty sure my car has an aftermarket clutch in it already + an APR intake, looking to eventually go stage 2.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Joveen

Ready to race!
I have it and can honestly say the only problem I have is the length. If had to get another downpipe it would be from I.E.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
mine was on the short side as well but I was able to make it work. I don't really have any complaints but Id love to hear what it sounds like hooked up to some different catbacks. I'm not sure how cheap you can pick up another brand downpipe for but the 10% code is still working for $312.30

Joveen

Ready to race!
mine was on the short side as well but I was able to make it work. I don't really have any complaints but Id love to hear what it sounds like hooked up to some different catbacks. I'm not sure how cheap you can pick up another brand downpipe for but the 10% code is still working for $312.30
I have it on the magnaflow and its loud enough. But I need more loud so I'll get the resonator deleted from the magna flow.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

jon570

Ready to race!
looks like that coupon code isnt working anymore but theres another one for 10% off the catted DP and FMIC kit out, its "insta10" ten not a 1 o.

Krog29

Ready to race!
I installed mine and had no fitment issue.