GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

-=AudiTTim TDI Build=-

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
so I was browsing through some pics of waterfest on Vortex, and I came across this.. this looks amazing.. what do you all think of these wheels for the mk6?

hmm those look awfully familiar. lol.

Definitely one of my favorites. I got the hook up on the low low if you want em :)

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Hartman makes them and they only come in 19x8 and yes they are reps but they look awesome. Recommended tire is 225x35x19. Let me know what tire you want and I will put a package together. If you want a little stretch you can run 215x35x19 but 225's is the best fitment with regards to wheel protection, ride comfort, and handling. I had these wheels on Andrea's GLI with a 2" drop it didn't rub all with 4 adults in the car. The offset is perfectly flush to with the fenders. 100% made in italy in the same factory where most factory VW wheels are made.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
Hartman makes them and they only come in 19x8 and yes they are reps but they look awesome. Recommended tire is 225x35x19. Let me know what tire you want and I will put a package together. If you want a little stretch you can run 215x35x19 but 225's is the best fitment with regards to wheel protection, ride comfort, and handling. I had these wheels on Andrea's GLI with a 2" drop it didn't rub all with 4 adults in the car. The offset is perfectly flush to with the fenders. 100% made in italy in the same factory where most factory VW wheels are made.

Excellent. I have a tire hookup so all I need is pricing on just the wheels. Thanks man!

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
no prob. They are in stock and can be here in a week. I will check their cost for shipping before I sent you a PM..

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
Hello! UPDATES!!! I have the roof vinyl now installed. I have also worked on getting my rear blinkers full LED with no codes. This has been a great venture. Check out pics of the roof!

some of these pics make it look lighter than it actually is.. its on the darker side.

Last edited:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
liking the roof... is that the TDI interlagos pattern? Definitely going to need wheels to pull that look together though. Personally I think the HR2s from ECS look better than the gallardo reps, i find them just a bit too busy.

Edit: just noticed on page one where you explain the vinly pattern.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
I also did some sweet vag com coding that dims the led's when the turn signal is switched on, then brightens them back up when the signal is turned off. It looks super sexy. I will take videos and post of both my LED rear blinkers and LED front dimming.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
liking the roof... is that the TDI interlagos pattern? Definitely going to need wheels to pull that look together though. Personally I think the HR2s from ECS look better than the gallardo reps, i find them just a bit too busy.

Edit: just noticed on page one where you explain the vinly pattern.

Thanks, yeah its a very cool pattern. I will take a pic tomorrow with the rear emblem vinyl in the shot as well, it pulls it together nicely. Also, I am still loving the HR2's. That is my primary wheel choice. I still have a heart for simple clean wheels. :thumbup:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I also did some sweet vag com coding that dims the led's when the turn signal is switched on, then brightens them back up when the signal is turned off. It looks super sexy. I will take videos and post of both my LED rear blinkers and LED front dimming.

is this a pre stting from ross tech or where you fiddling.. I am assuming that you're talking about the tails.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
is this a pre stting from ross tech or where you fiddling.. I am assuming that you're talking about the tails.

This is what I'm talking about on the front... I can post the code if you need it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXijdiQ1XLY

The rear tails I installed LED blinker bulbs (required bulb modification) and they throw NO ERROR CODES! :thumbsup:

I'll just post it anyway... the trick is telling the car you are in a different country other than the US.

First you need to go into 17- Instruments then long coding helper and change you country to anything other than USA. I set mine to RoW.

Once coding is accepted, you need to go to 09-Cent. Elect. long coding and find the check box (forgot the byte) that says disable "DRL when turn signal active." or something along those lines... Once that is done, your LED's should behave like ones in the video posted in this thread.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
This is what I'm talking about on the front... I can post the code if you need it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXijdiQ1XLY

The rear tails I installed LED blinker bulbs (required bulb modification) and they throw NO ERROR CODES! :thumbsup:

I'll just post it anyway... the trick is telling the car you are in a different country other than the US.

First you need to go into 17- Instruments then long coding helper and change you country to anything other than USA. I set mine to RoW.

Once coding is accepted, you need to go to 09-Cent. Elect. long coding and find the check box (forgot the byte) that says disable "DRL when turn signal active." or something along those lines... Once that is done, your LED's should behave like ones in the video posted in this thread.

i have a 2011 so no LED running lights .. I do have the R tails though.. looks cool.

AudiTTim

Ready to race!
the R tails, yes, the led blinkers are very good looking in them. I will post some videos and how I did it soon.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
I would have stopped before the hatch or before the roof spoiler but looks good. Like the pattern.