GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

///Audience

Ready to race!
My shop offeres the highest heat blocking clear ceramic film in the industry! It is my favorite mod on my GTI. If you come by the shop, I can offer you a demo of the film and even show you a comparison with heat lamps.

I also offer forum member discounts :)

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed

Parked next to a black Driver's Edition tonight at East Side King. Anybody know if this is someone on the forum? Trying to figure out what they're lowered on. Looks like DG to me, but I want to be sure.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion

Parked next to a black Driver's Edition tonight at East Side King. Anybody know if this is someone on the forum? Trying to figure out what they're lowered on. Looks like DG to me, but I want to be sure.

That's me! I'm on VWRs with b8s. I was there for the first time. That place is not bad at all.

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed
That's me! I'm on VWRs with b8s. I was there for the first time. That place is not bad at all.

Haha awesome man thanks for the info. How's the ride with that set up? Looks great.

And yea ESK is pretty awesome. Wish they had a bigger menu though...

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Haha awesome man thanks for the info. How's the ride with that set up? Looks great.

And yea ESK is pretty awesome. Wish they had a bigger menu though...

Thanks! It rides and performs really well. The Bilsteins make a huge difference in ride quality with the springs. I'm going to write a review one of these days. Are you running any suspension mods?

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! It rides and performs really well. The Bilsteins make a huge difference in ride quality with the springs. I'm going to write a review one of these days. Are you running any suspension mods?

No - not yet anyway. Been sort of putting it off since I'm moving back to Chicago soon. But I got the GTI after trading in a GLI, and I had DG springs on that car and loved them. But the GLI is a heavier car so the DGs were a bit lower on it than what I've seen on the GTIs in the DG/VWR thread. Still actually leaning toward the DGs but it's a harder choice than it was for the GLI.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
No - not yet anyway. Been sort of putting it off since I'm moving back to Chicago soon. But I got the GTI after trading in a GLI, and I had DG springs on that car and loved them. But the GLI is a heavier car so the DGs were a bit lower on it than what I've seen on the GTIs in the DG/VWR thread. Still actually leaning toward the DGs but it's a harder choice than it was for the GLI.

I was debating which springs to run forever but chose VWR only because I was also getting dampers. The DSG sits a bit higher in the front than a manual when stock and the DSG DGs do too.

ASquared150

Passed Driver's Ed
I was debating which springs to run forever but chose VWR only because I was also getting dampers. The DSG sits a bit higher in the front than a manual when stock and the DSG DGs do too.

Yea it's a tough choice. I don't want to have to get new dampers, but I'm also worried about the risk of reverse rake. maybe DGs plus the TT strut mounts in the rear are what I need... I don't know I can't choose!

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Yea it's a tough choice. I don't want to have to get new dampers, but I'm also worried about the risk of reverse rake. maybe DGs plus the TT strut mounts in the rear are what I need... I don't know I can't choose!

I haven't seen anyone with reverse rake yet on the DGs. Unless you threw DSG springs on a manual.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Hard decision don't really care about the tune...
But who's had a more reliable tune record ? Bd tuning or brinks Motorsport trying to get tuned this week
Reviews?

Grizza

Ready to race!
But who's had a more reliable tune record ? Bd tuning or brinks Motorsport trying to get tuned this week
Reviews?

I personally have not heard anything negative about either place. In my experience, they are both great shops and either place will take great care of you. It's honestly just a personal preference on if you want APR or UNI.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion

Reviews?

Agree with Grizza. Both shops are great and you'll receive great service either way. It really is down to which tuning company you like more.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Went with brinks Motorsport! Great service quick and easy got me in the same day I asked for a quote waived my labor fee! Going straight to stage 2 >> pulls without effort on the highway. Time to save for ko4

spessx

Ready to race!
Has anyone had the carbon cleaned from their intake valves yet? Did you use a local Austin shop? Who? How expensive was it?