Finally bought mine today!

Reflex Silver 118TSI Manual
Front fog lights
Sunroof
boot liner
full Votex Sports body kit
Rubber Floor mats

$36,900 which is about a 12% discount

Well done Rufus...sounds like a good buy...how's it run????

tcyik

hi all~~ i m new here and i just paid $500 deposit for my GOLF at Barloworld (glen waverley)

my spec
118TSI
Reflex Silver metalic
DSG
Window tint ( $495)

all together for $34400 drive away

just wonder if i can get better deal ?
becoz everyone here seem after the sport pack and ave deal is only around $35k++ drive away

hi RUFUS, mind asking where u bought ur MK6 ? which dealer?

Last edited:

VWGTI2

hi all~~ i m new here and i just paid $500 deposit for my GOLF at Barloworld (glen waverley)

my spec
118TSI
Reflex Silver metalic
DSG
Window tint ( $495)

becoz everyone here seem after the sport pack and ave deal is only around $35k++ drive away

Tell them what others got with what specs and they'll match or be prepared to walk away and find another dealer, i realised dealers in more rural areas tend to be cheaper

oileoi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally bought mine today!

Reflex Silver 118TSI Manual
Front fog lights
Sunroof
boot liner
full Votex Sports body kit
Rubber Floor mats

$36,900 which is about a 12% discount

Rufus congrats on the new ride, mine is coming soon too :happyanim:

oileoi1

Passed Driver's Ed

my spec
118TSI
Reflex Silver metalic
DSG
Window tint ( $495)

Congrats on the new ride tcyik, I paid my deposit on the 28 August from the same dealer Barloworld (Moorabin). Lara was my sales girl.

My Specs: (Economic recession otherwise would have gone for the 118TSI)

90 TSI
Candy White (CW)
Comfort Package
Driveaway price AU$27,500 do you think I got a good price?

I was wondering tcyik if they gave you a delivery date? They told me that mine should be here in Melbourne at the end of November but honestly I think the car will be here mid December or early Jan 2010, which seems a long way but what can you do???? Also did you get the tinted windows from the dealer? ($495) I'm thinking that I might call them to add this for my car as previously they told me $700 for the tint.

One more thing I was wondering if any of you have the DCC installed in your car? Is it really worth it?

I was considering to upgrade mine and stretch my budget and go for the basic 118TSI? What's the best price for a 118 TSI with DCC in Candy White? :confused:

Last edited:

MeVeN3000

protection

Hi, just bought a MY10 Golf 103 TDI, with leather and MDI, metallic paint

$40,000

just wondering if anyone got the X-Pack car protection ? if so was it worth it ?

Regards, Steve

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Righto...I have use of a MK6 GTI next weekend 5dr DSG it's the Dealer demo.

So far my initial ask has produced a price for a 3dr TR with DSG and Xenon $44990 DA.

Haven't started haggling yet though...still unsure if I'll buy TBH.

tcyik

initial deal
118TSI - Reflex Silver metalic - DSG - Window tint ( $495) = $34400 drive away
no delivery stated but promised to deliver within 10 business day

however,after consideration, i changed my mind and upgrade to this spec:
118TSI - Reflex Silver metalic - DSG - Sports Pack (Cloth seat) - front and rear mats = $35888 drive away

they didnt put in the delivery date but were promised deliver mid NOV

after all these experiences, i m fairly confident that you can drive away for 35k easily (similar to my spec)

To VWGTI - i told the dealer that my friend got better deal, and they want me to photocopy them the "purchase order" in order to match the deal
i really wanted to walk away but too bad i already paid my $500 deposit to them!

so every first car buyer, REMEMBER DO NOT pay any deposit before u got the best deal and DO NOT sign any contract before you bargain for free accessories (floor mats,window tint etc) and ask them to commit the delivery date onto the contract

Last edited:

tcyik

To olieoi - $495 for window tint is actually abit expensive, the only good thing is that u got ur new golf tinted when u got the key and it is under dealer warranty
However, u can actually get ur car tinted at any tinting supplier on the market for about half of what VW dealer offered and you got the tinting supplier’s warranty as well

DonkeyKong

I will start off with the GTI Golf.

Bought a Golf GTI Mk6 today.

4 Doors DSG.
Park Assist and Camera.
18" Wheels.
Carbon Steel + Metallic
Paid $47500 - difficult to get lower because they claims of under supply.

Thinking of adding Adaptive Chassis Control as well. Not sure how reliable the system is. May ring them up to add that in.

Last edited:

tyko

GTI quote

DonkeyKong, that looks like a very good deal. Anyway you could let us know who your dealer was?

The best my local dealer will do is $46,000 with a $500 fuel voucher which includes all onroad costs for a GTI mk6 4dr with DSG. This includes a $1500 corporate disccount which I'm told by the dealer is the most that they will give for the current GTI models, until demand settles down.

What do you guys think, is it a reasonable deal? Anyone else got any other quotes for comparison?

DonkeyKong

I got that from Hawthorn branch in Victoria. They are a good bunch.
I have found out later at home that they have inflated the dealer delivery charges on the initial retail quote. If you work on the percentage, they will better off by over quoting you initially. They have worked very hard to get more from me (25min) but I knew they will accept my offer from the fact they won't let me walk out of the show room. I have told them directly that the price I offered them is fair and I may able to do better when I go home to have more time to think about it. This is a corporate price btw.

oileoi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes definitely will go with an after market tinting for my car is almost half the price and it comes with a lifetime warranty on it, so can't go wrong at all.