GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto windows through VAG-COM also DOWN?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
I'm going in to get some VAG-COM work done. One of the items on my list is the Auto Windows through the remote key fob. Does this only pull windows up automatically, or can it be used to roll the windows DOWN as well? It's hot in AZ and that would be helpful.

Also, can anyone confirm this as the process? Any screenshots I can use?

Adaptation> Channel 6> Change the value to 1 (On) and Save.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
^ From what I recall, the sunroof is optional I think... you can choose either slide, tilt, or no movement.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
^^^im not familiar with that part of it, the sunroof close is usefull for me incase it starts raining i can close the windows and the sunroof.

CadMan

Ready to race!
It does the windows open and windows and sunroof close from the keyfob. At least that's what I have had done to mine.
The other worry is this feature disables the pinch protection but that is not true. I tested the feature and pinch protection still works.

CadMan

Ready to race!
hehehehe so you did not loose any limbs I take it?

Ahhhh... No!
I had done the mod with Vag-Com and then read somewhere in this forum that it disables the Anti-pinch function... this made me worry for my 3 kids who like to bomb around in my car with me.
Therefore testing was required and I needed to find someone stupid enough to stick a limb out the window and close it. Being the only person stupid enough naturally the task fell to me.
Decided to use my forearm instead of a finger or neck... less chance for major damage... more flesh to squeeze. Hesitated for a second before doing it but was happy to feel very little pinch and liked the fact that after stopping the window actually lowers about an inch to free you from it's clutches.
Any volunteers to test the sunroof on their neck? Even I am not that stupid!

CadMan

Ready to race!
^or just use a magazine :)

Oh... yeah... or just use a magazine :( I used a rolled up magazine by the way. A lot less chance of blood that way LOL!

(Dam! now I'm never going to see a post about someone getting their head trapped in a sun roof)

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
^ I'm quite sure pinch protection is not common with sunroofs.

I was once in my car waiting with friends... it had a sunroof which was open. She decided to stand up and stick her body through it. As a joke, i closed it on her, expecting pinch protection to eventually stop it.... it didn't haha.