GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE CCB vs. APR Carbonio

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I also went with APR because I have an APR flash... The AWE looks
sweet and I would have gotten that if a got a GIAC flash.

Wish I could say what my expeience was with the APR/ Carbonio... But I haven't recieved it yet and it's out of stock!!!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
4. Makes tremendous power by addressing the entire intake tract. Instead of "breaking apart" a system to make it more affordable, we opted to only sell the kit in the form that makes actual power. We did extensive testing of incremental parts of the intake, and until the tubing itself was addressed, power gains from the airbox alone were minimized.

Our testing concluded replacing the back part of the intake tract did little to nothing to increase power. The only increases that can come are from the added heat reflecting properties of Carbon Fiber. Unlike metal or plastic found in many after market intake systems and the oem system, carbon fiber heat soaks at a slower rate, meaning intake air stays cooler for a longer period of time. As for smoothing out the intake air flow, there simply are not any major restrictions or unnecessary bends to eliminate.

So, that being true, we have chosen not to charge customers extra for unnecessary parts. If you want cheap power, get stage 1. If you want it all (a hair more) with extra bling, go stage 2.

:thumbsup:

intense

Passed Driver's Ed
Intake

Thanks to Arin & Todd for the detailed explaination. Both of you are real professionals.

Any way, me and my mates went for APR intake as the price is cheaper than AWE in Malaysia & Singapore. It's not all about the price, but we love to judge the performance but sadly, there is not many AWE cars in this region.

Thanks again for the great explaination.

Cheers.:w00t:

falconeight1

Ready to race!
Two competing manufacturers giving their companies selling points in a civil manner. Man I wish I could buy one from each of you. Our politicians could learn from this.

wildcars

Ready to race!
This is really awesome that both just gives pointers of their system and not just shooting each other down! I love this forum... Keep it up guys...

UnrealGTI

I like the look of both intakes, but the AWE looks too Flashy, while the APR looks more sleek and it compliments the whole engine and looks like it belongs their.

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
I think both are excellent, well-designed intakes and they probably make very similar power. We can't know for sure until they're both put on the same car on the same day on the same dyno to see if one does indeed make more power. I wouldn't hesitate going with either, I went with APR because I got an APR flash.

PandaGTI said:
I also went with APR because I have an APR flash... The AWE looks
sweet and I would have gotten that if a got a GIAC flash.

Wish I could say what my expeience was with the APR/ Carbonio... But I haven't recieved it yet and it's out of stock!!!

sorry to bring back from dead, but maybe someone could shed some light on this... I'm leaning towards the APR Stage 1 flash, but have an opportunity to get a used AWE CCB intake for a decent price... is the above just an example of wanting to have the same brand? in other words an APR Stage 1 Tune with the CCB intake is still 100% compatible and just as good? (assuming intakes yield almost identical gains).

Aigoo

Ready to race!
came here expecting shitstorm, leaving dissapointed. GJ GUYS!

in anycase i'd imagine they both do what they do and it'd be more of an APR/AWE preference. Look at em both, see which one you like more!

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
i got the ccb just because i hate apr and went for the closest competitor. makes a sweet noise and looks great under the hood

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The Awe looks better because it covers the area near the battery where a mess of red wires is usually exposed..

Though i will still get the carbonio, for fanboyizim purposes and it was tested with my tune..

v8282w

Ready to race!
I wish I could get a stage 1 awe intake. That would be perfect for me. I do not want to relocate my maf, I dont want to change out the pipe after the airbox. I just want to swap out the airbox and leave the rest alone. I dont care if I lose a few hp. If I could find an awe intake used cheap or even just the box, then I would make my own short ram filter on a stick and put it in awes box. Hey awe wanna sell me just the box?

P

plac

so is that good or bad to you? doesn't seem to be errors with the relocation.. just possible modifying or splicing of wires so there isn't too much stress on them?

bad. because more than one person has said it didnt fit well and they had to cut a lot of harness. thats something you can't put back once you take it off. i dont like permanent mods.