GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires to replace 18" Dunlop A/S

Jumo-san

Hey folks,

This is my fist post ever on a forum of any kind, so please bear with me.

Just got a 2010 GTI with Detroit wheels fitted with the Dunlop SP Sport all-seasons. IMHO, they suck, and I want to put some summer tires on. Wear is important, but handling and confidence is most important. Any suggestions?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Eagle GTs. Nice tire. A buddy of mine has them on his 06 GTI. They wear quickly though from what I hear. i havent researched them to find wear ratings yet.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
The Hankooks have been popular with MkV drivers, and the Star Specs for those that can afford it. A local Mk6 driver has the Star Specs and are very happy with them. :)

Right now I'm a bit interested in the Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500. It's cheaper than the Hankooks, has a rebate running available to Canadians and is supposed to last longer while producing the same levels of performance.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+Indy+500&partnum=24WR8FHWI5XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoYear=2010&autoModel=GTI&autoModClar=4-Door&tab=Reviews

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I'll be putting hankook v12 ventus on my new wheels - but the stupid tire shop closes at 1pm saturday and is closed sunday - wtf?

Jumo-san

JMBlur, please let me know how those work out for you. What else have you had on the car if you dont mind me asking???