GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big turbo Mk6 vs bolt on and tune STI

CherryRedOne

Ready to race!
Was on the highway with a new generation sti hatch with exhaust, intake and most likely a tune. Pulled him pretty good, was happy because it sounded absolutely savage.

That is all no vids sorry, just thought I would share.

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Was on the highway with a new generation sti hatch with exhaust, intake and most likely a tune. Pulled him pretty good, was happy because it sounded absolutely savage.

That is all no vids sorry, just thought I would share.

Someone had to post it :D.

CherryRedOne

Ready to race!
wonder if it was stage 2 or stage 1 ....stage 2 is pretty fast

Edit: just realized its a big turbo MK6 haha sorry about that!

Wonder what mods in general the STI had probably couldnt have that much done to it ?

Well He had exhaust and down pipe for sure.... don't know if they need a tune with down-pipe so they won't throw code.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Those engines need to be tuned for something as simple as an intake. So he was tuned for sure. But no telling how aggressive he went with it.

butchered by autocorrect

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Even a protuned stage 2 Sti will get walked by a k04 or higher. I shit all over my friends 12 STI with a stage 2 protuned from a roll.

CherryRedOne

Ready to race!
Ya he got a car length jump on me before I came on to it. Then I pulled 6 or 7 car lengths before I had to shut down.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I've raced two stage 2 stis and they were both easy kills, even from a dig I walked away as soon as I hit third. Slowbarus. We dumped a lot of money into our cars, they didn't. Go figure.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Even a protuned stage 2 Sti will get walked by a k04 or higher. I shit all over my friends 12 STI with a stage 2 protuned from a roll.

I had a run in with a new ('12?) STI that had an exhaust for sure, so I assume he was tuned and I pulled about 2 car lengths.

On a side note, does anyone know the consensus on which is faster, a full bolt-on pro-tuned STI or full bolt-on pro-tuned WRX (both with stock turbos). Of course I am talking about the '09+ models. I would think the extra power of the STI would be offset by the extra weight.

rquinn19

Ready to race!
I had a run in with a new ('12?) STI that had an exhaust for sure, so I assume he was tuned and I pulled about 2 car lengths.

On a side note, does anyone know the consensus on which is faster, a full bolt-on pro-tuned STI or full bolt-on pro-tuned WRX (both with stock turbos). Of course I am talking about the '09+ models. I would think the extra power of the STI would be offset by the extra weight.

Generally a driver race. STI has that extra gear, but I believe 4-5 in the WRX is the same as 5-6 in the STI. I also believe they dyno very close to each other stock. STI is just more durable with it's tranny and differentials and also much better handling of course.

Straight line race is a toss up though.

Stifun

Ready to race!
Nice runs OP!

I ran a 2005 Subaru WRX STi myself that was Stage 2 that made 320awhp and I was dead even with him before I went fully Stage 2+ in my Golf R.

I didn't have the HPFP so I wasn't officialy a Stage 2+.

Subaru's on stock turbo's don't have the greatest top end.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Subarus suck at highway speeds. They have no top end power.

Also a Accessport stage 2 tuned STI is only putting around 285 hp to the wheels. Most stock STIs will put 215-220 to the wheels on a mustang dyno for reference. Drive train loss is a bitch with symmetrical awd.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

kern417

Go Kart Champion
wow i thought it was much more than that really makes you wonder how much work was done on these 400-500whp ones you see online

rquinn19

Ready to race!
wow i thought it was much more than that really makes you wonder how much work was done on these 400-500whp ones you see online

Big turbo, internals, etc

Love my WRX and always wanted one because I fell in love with the boxer sound, but to be honest I think I'd rather have a GTI at this point. AWD I thought was a huge bonus, but I'm scared to actually launch it anywhere, but the rain :D. My old 1.8T took everything I threw at it and my WRX seems finicky in comparison. You need a tune for every little thing and stage 2 you have to start worrying about things possibly breaking.