GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth question

Downsizer

I'm a first time buyer of a Golf.

I'm commited to and need to confirm the final details an order for a MKVI GTI tomorrow. My dealer is advising that the factory fitted bluetooth link (rSim Access profile) only works with Nokia phones, although this strikes me as odd. Hence I'm being told that to ensure drivers using other phones can link up to the car the blue tooth needs to be dealer fitted which is more expensive; furthermore because this facility will be dealer fitted the phone link button on the steering wheel will become inoperative.

Any thoughts/comments much appreciated.

Thanks.

bad2bone

Passed Driver's Ed
According to a thread in a German forum all these phones work with the VW factory installed bluetooth:

Nokia:
6300, 6303, 6500, 6600, 6700, 8800, N78, N79, N86, N95, N96, N97, E63, E65, E66, E71, E75

Sony Ericsson:
K770, W508, W580, W595, W790, W890, W995, C902, C903, C905, S312, F305, X1

Samsung:
U700, U800, U900, F480, i900, S8300, S7220, S7320, Galaxi, Jet

RIM:
BlackBerry 9000, 8900

HTC:
Touch HD, Touch Pro2

o2:
Diamond, Diamond Pro, Diamond 2, Guide

Toshiba:
TG01

HowlingMoon

Well, bluetooth is supposed to work with all bluetooth capable communication equipment and not just specific brands. In any case, since your dealership can do the upgrade, why dont you hold on it and wait till your car is delivered, then test your phone connectivity via bluetooth and if it does not work, waaalaaaa....

zee

Go Kart Champion
As HowlingMoon mentioned, wait till you have the car delivered and then test. You should not have an issue. Does your dealer have a demo car that you can test your phone? Or see if you can get the option code.

It sounds to me like the dealer is referencing the old bluetooth from the MKV, maybe the MKVI gets thesame system in the UK. More info below...

- Option code 9W3 has Voice Activated Bluetooth dialing.
- Option code 9W2 is does not have voice activated dialing.
- The Volk-L system(read below). Depending on country it is sometimes factory installed, sometimes dealer installed and sometimes installed at the of port facility.
- Parrot kit. Dealer installed.

The MKV came with the Volk-L system made by Nokia(VW PN 1K0-051-437 in North America). It allows you to use the phone button on the steering wheel, but is not compatible with all phones. This used to be referred to as the factory system. When dealer installed, has VAG programming to activate the steeing wheel.

The Parrot kit is the second bluetooth system which is dealer installed, but the phone link button on the steering wheel will become inoperative. Has more features and takes 10 minutes to install.

Last edited:

TSI688

Ready to race!
does the cradle (that i've seen on some photos) come with a highline golf with the premium bluetooth option please?

lovely09

I think bluetooth will work on any brand but how about the requirements -o used this.I mean is there any certain level for the compatibility?

steffen

I think bluetooth will work on any brand but how about the requirements -o used this.I mean is there any certain level for the compatibility?

The bluetooth don't work with Windows Mobile 6.1 mobilphones. It only connect for a short time and than it lose the connection (I tried it with a Touch Diamond).

Be glad you guys get the option even! Here in the U.S. we apparently are going to get screwed again by VW. The ONLY OEM option for bluetooth will be the 9W2 (a.k.a. Volk-L) "low" kit. I'm sure the aftermarket (Fiscon) will step up shortly and there's another thread somewhere indicating that VWoA will whore themselves out and sell the Fiscon as a stealer installed option for the "high" bluetooth that VW won't give us. :(

eddo

Passed Driver's Ed
The bluetooth don't work with Windows Mobile 6.1 mobilphones. It only connect for a short time and than it lose the connection (I tried it with a Touch Diamond).

This is not true. I have a Sony X1 and it works flawlessly.