GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost Leak!!

Mcflurvin

Ready to race!
The other day my check engine light came on, so I took is to a shop to get it diagnosed, turns out I have a boost leak.... yay.... so ive been looking everywhere and I can't find a single that might be punctured or loose. Any idea on what it could be. So far ive checked intercooler piping and pancake pipe.

Sent from my potato

Jack14

Ready to race!
Have the shop find it. Make sure they show you where it is first.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Just to clarify something... It is possible to have a boost leak without having a check engine light, correct?

I've been wanting to get my car tested just in case..

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just to clarify something... It is possible to have a boost leak without having a check engine light, correct?

I've been wanting to get my car tested just in case..

That is correct. The ECU can compensate if there is a small boost leak and still make enough boost as if there was no leak, so even though you may have a boost gauge you could never tell.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
The other day my check engine light came on, so I took is to a shop to get it diagnosed, turns out I have a boost leak.... yay.... so ive been looking everywhere and I can't find a single that might be punctured or loose. Any idea on what it could be. So far ive checked intercooler piping and pancake pipe.

Sent from my potato

Let VW find it and fix it under your warranty.

veeDubin6

Ready to race!
i think it could be the TOP ( turbo outlet pipe ) aka pancake pipe because i think im have the same leak from that location