GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BRAKE PADS

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
What is everyone using for brake pads? just bought slotted rotors. and looking for a good set of pads.... ive been looking at the hawk ht-10's but want some opinions and first hand experiences with other pads too!

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Stoptech Sport.

~ $100 for both front and rear on RockAuto. Hard to beat.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Hawk HT10s are track pads, they'll be horrible for street driving. You won't get to operating temperatures and it'll just eat your rotors. Stoptech Sport pads are great for daily and spirited driving, but will fall short on intermediate/advance track use.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Stoptech Sport.

~ $100 for both front and rear on RockAuto. Hard to beat.

Gold.

Now need to decide which rotors. Is it worth it to pay double for a "performance" drilled rotor versus a blank rotor? I mean, if you're not tracking you car, is there any benefit other than the aesthetics of it? This would be for daily driving/occasional spirited driving only.

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
Probably stock, I've had the car for 8 months now, so there probably old as hell to be honest lol and most of my driving is highway, so it can get pretty spirited at times.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
What do you have right now and how are they failing you?
There just old tbh, probably stock, and after two decent stops, they just fade and feel sketchy, rotors are getting swapped just cause, but there not warped, just dont perform enough for me at the moment

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Gold.

Now need to decide which rotors. Is it worth it to pay double for a "performance" drilled rotor versus a blank rotor? I mean, if you're not tracking you car, is there any benefit other than the aesthetics of it? This would be for daily driving/occasional spirited driving only.
Centric blank rotors and StopTech pads are a great combo, and nearly impossible to beat for street driving at the price RockAuto charges.

I have StopTech drilled & slotted rotors, with their Sport pads/stainless lines. Zero complaints, although an ST41 kit maybe be in my future.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Gold.

Zero benefits, besides looking cooler.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
OEM now, but the fronts will need replacement soon. I'm planning on Akebono ceramic pads on the stock rotors, and also install Tyrolsport caliper slides (I'm wanting to tighten up my brake pedal feel).

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I have a set of EBC Yellow stuff pads all around joined by some OE Style Brembo Rotors.

My brother has an mk6 with EBC yellow pads and EBC rotors - also plain OE style (non drilled/slotted)

Both cars are amazing to drive, unless you drive at real track days I can't imagine needing anything more. I've never done any autocross, but I have to imagine this set up is fine for a short sprint around a smaller course like that.