Originally purchased 31 August 2012

2012 Golf R
2 Door
Tornado Red
Navigation and Sunroof
6MT

After the drive home it had 64 miles.

New:

Stock FTG: Front: 26 1/4" (66.675cm) Rear: 26 1/2" (67.310cm)

Mods:

All mods installed myself unless otherwise noted.​

Warranty Fixes:
  • Drivers side window switches replaced - 26 Jan 2013

Maintenance:
  • 10,000mi service complete @ Larson VW Tacoma 07 Mar 2013
  • 15,300mi oil change complete @ home 06 June 2013
  • Windshield Replaced (due to rock chip turned into 18" crack) @ Auto Glass Professionals, Olympia - 25 June 2013
  • 20,000mi service complete @ Larson VW Tacoma 07 Aug 2013

Now:

Sold 03 May 2014.

Last edited:

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
congrats on the new R....who did you work with in sales at Larsen?

Alan, although he responds to Matt. LOL I got his name mixed up with another sales guy.

haven't seen one in red yet. Looks good. :thumbsup:

Yeah, me either. Was originally looking for Candy White or Rising Blue but this Tornado Red was the only 2 door that was available immediately. And I like the fact that it's not your everyday run-of-the-mill Golf R like those other colors are starting to be (no offense to those colors).

speed

Ready to race!
very nice. congrats on the purchase, enjoy!

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Beauty!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sex. congrats!

Also, on this site, you can typically add as many pics as you want to a post.

RMR

Passed Driver's Ed
Love the color! Congrats and enjoy

ali1

Ready to race!
yup love the TR , i almost ended up with 1 but on RS you dont see dirt or anything ;)
congratz on the purchase!

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
thanks for all the compliments! I have yet to take any good pictures since the Washington weather is SO predictable (sarcasm)...

I painted my rear reflectors flat black to somewhat match the diffusor as well as both front and back emblems. I also ordered some color-match front reflectors from john@FTC5 (username) yesterday so hopefully those will be at my door soon! I am anxious to take more pictures but the weather and work have not been cooperating. :mad:

Adolph68

Passed Driver's Ed
Watch out in the Tornado. My rs4 nearly killed me in tickets. 2 in 3 weeks. And "barely" above the limit so of San Francisco(both). But that is a beauty!

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
Watch out in the Tornado. My rs4 nearly killed me in tickets. 2 in 3 weeks. And "barely" above the limit so of San Francisco(both). But that is a beauty!

I definitely hear you on the ticket thing. I got a ticket a week ago for doing 65 in a 60...
I sold my attention-getting BMW e90 for the Golf R for these reasons: (but not limited to)

1: to have a more up-to-date car (the BMW was a 2006).
2: my e90 attracted MUCH unwanted Police attention. (lowered, wheels, tint etc...)
3: for the AWD (Pacific Northwest)

and of course because it's way more fun than my Bimmer! I don't plan on doing many visible mods to the car for the exact reason you stated; tickets. I have always had somewhat of a lead foot and it's a challenge not to exceed some speed limits, especially when everyday I get into this car it's begging to go just a little bit faster.

Next mod... APR Stage I then probably a Valentine 1 :D

Last edited:

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
Went to Achtuning in Redmond, WA today and got the APR Stage 1 tune! :happyanim:

Feels SO much stronger! Can't wait to get her dyno'd.