GOLFMKV

Caliper covers - Rice?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I'm sorry, but it must be said...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
http://www.carid.com/2009-volkswagen-golf-gti-caliper-covers/mgp-228039.html

What do you guys think of these? Pretty good alternative to actually painting your calipers (I own a Golf), plus it supposedly reduces brake-rail-dust (a big plus for my white car) and lowers the caliper's temperature.

Would I transform my precious ride into a ricer's car with these on?

Opinions. Go! :D

how is a $180 ricer-roni cover a "pretty good alternative" to buying a $40 G2 Caliper paint kit (that does all 4 calipers), exactly?

Also, how does it lower the caliper temperature when its enclosing the caliper, thereby keeping air from actually getting to it? :confused:

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
Gun, that's what the guy said in the 'explanation video'. Hence the word 'supposedly' in my first post.

And guys! relax! I encountered this while surfing the intrawebz and had never seen anything like that before... so yeah. :/

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
buy the G2 kit and enjoy man - seriously, super easy to do and seems like a real high quality product so far.

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, thats what Im gonna do in the future... it's not on my priority list as of right now, but its such a cool little design feature on the GTI that I feel my Golf is missing.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Having used the g2 caliper paint on a past car I also recommend it. It held up to two Michigan winters and wiped clean like powder coat