GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
2010 with 51k miles for 39k ... :laugh: that truck doesn't even come with the 6.2 it has the "puny" 5.4 and is slow as fak.

So 4 years old for 39k or new for 45k... yea... jumping right on that.

The others have up to 100k miles and still well over 35k :laugh: yea fak that

Anyone buying that truck used is a moron.

here's more...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...numRecords=25&searchRadius=100&makeCodes=FORD

buying anything used over $40K in value can be moronic, no matter what it is.

Was simply trying to show you that you can find several here for under $54K or whatever it was you were posting.

Seriously.

Is supply constrained on them? I don't understand why they're holding their value so well.

limited edition, like Maxballs said.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Same as anything limited edition...

Used golf Rs are being listed at 30+k still... I don't fking get it myself.

The used car maket in the last year went Full Retard. Prices are going UP... (at least for now)

Used CPO beemers are pretty much at sticker.

It is a sellers market for sure.

The Raptor is more a trim than a limited edition. Still, wow.

I don't understand the used market since new car sales are doing so well. Deals can be had...and supply isn't an issue, so where is the demand for used ca...

...subprime.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101850885#.

The want is so hard with this, I almost can't stand it. Good thing it's not a 69...det quad headlight and concave tail-panel....I'd probably force myself to buy a Ford product.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
The want is so hard with this, I almost can't stand it. Good thing it's not a 69...det quad headlight and concave tail-panel....I'd probably force myself to buy a Ford product.

I actually prefer the 70' to the 69' on the Boss. If I could afford this and had a place to store it, I'd try to go get it in a hear beat. Seeing things like this just makes me want a project car more and more though so I can turn it into something that I truly want.

Merkle

Banned

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

I don't understand the used market since new car sales are doing so well. Deals can be had...and supply isn't an issue, so where is the demand for used ca...

...subprime.

I don't understand how a bank lends money to ppl who clearly can't afford to wipe their own ass with real toilet paper. SMH

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

...subprime.

I suppose you could call it a trim, but everything about that truck is different than a regular F150 including the frame/body/engine/wheels/shocks/the entire suspension and some of the interior. I think almost nothing went untouched...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I don't understand how a bank lends money to ppl who clearly can't afford to wipe their own ass with real toilet paper. SMH

similar to the housing stuff.. they do it because they all still win.. everyone wins except the person who had the loan:

Bank /underwriter makes money just for placing it.

Place that sells the car / salesguy / mgr gets credit for the sale.

Car gets repo'd and goes back to the sales place... to sell again.

Profits stayed with the businesses involved, even if minute for the time being, e.g. monthly payments that were made, any downpayments, etc.

Cycle will continue, you just get new people to take out the loans.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
similar to the housing stuff.. they do it because they all still win.. everyone wins except the person who had the loan:

Profits stayed with the businesses involved, even if minute for the time being, e.g. monthly payments that were made, any downpayments, etc.

Not sure how they are "winning" at anything other than the short term for the car dealer +finance guy who sell the car.
Bumfuckdead beat will default on car and then stick the bank with say a 10k bill... "because I got 4 children" And it'll get written off.

I don't get it ... simply don't

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'm sad my wife and I's immigration visas were rejected, I could be retired in 5 years if we slipped through the system.

:lol:

I don't understand it really. It's sad to think about that stuff. I guess I'll just continue busting my ass and being middle class.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
I actually prefer the 70' to the 69' on the Boss. If I could afford this and had a place to store it, I'd try to go get it in a hear beat. Seeing things like this just makes me want a project car more and more though so I can turn it into something that I truly want.

You cray. 69>70 all day

FAK even the stripes are cooler!

Dream car status for real. The only way I could own a blue oval.

Exactly.

Seriously. I mean, I get the numbers, but I thought some lessons were learned?

Because capitalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much.

I suppose you could call it a trim, but everything about that truck is different than a regular F150 including the frame/body/engine/wheels/shocks/the entire suspension and some of the interior. I think almost nothing went untouched...

Ford considers it a trim on the website. It is very well molested, but still an F-150, and the production numbers aren't limited like a "limited edition" would be...controlling demand through supply.

Holy crap, that would explain it in some small part.

I should scoop up a used truck sooner than later.

Used car values are cray, breh. I wonder if I should start selling some rolling stock before the bubble bursts...

Exactly. It can work for cars because cars can be repo'd and sold again easy. Can't really do it with houses the same.

Not sure how they are "winning" at anything other than the short term for the car dealer +finance guy who sell the car.
Bumfuckdead beat will default on car and then stick the bank with say a 10k bill... "because I got 4 children" And it'll get written off.

I don't get it ... simply don't

It makes money, so it will continue to occur. Sad because it's creating a used car bubble...subprime hasn't really taken off in new cars yet.

How does one collect SS for 25 years? Dude quit working at 35, how does that happen?

Right?!?! Disability? I don't get it. If I keep my job, I doubt SS will even be there for me to collect when I can retire at 95. I'll have paid millions into the system at that point with zero reward. DAFUQ? You should be allowed to chose between paying into SS or having the same money put into a personal IRA or 401k. I'd be all over that.

Obamas america bro

Seriously. FTL.

I'm sad my wife and I's immigration visas were rejected, I could be retired in 5 years if we slipped through the system.

Naw, you guys got it good up there. Murca's goin down the crapper.

:lol:

I don't understand it really. It's sad to think about that stuff. I guess I'll just continue busting my ass and being middle class.

Murican dream.