GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car died while Idling, won't start now. Only code is p0365

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
You didn’t mention if this was a start/stop car. If it is, did it go into stop mode and not restart?
Yes, Start/Stop car. However, I have start stop disabled using the B2BFAB harness that inverts the button function so it's off by default. I've been running it for about a year.

I wasn't in the car at the time it died. My mom was in the passenger seat, said it sounded "kinda weird" and stalled a few seconds later and didn't attempt to restart itself.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Just to update everyone. Crank Pulley/Bolt backed out. Had an Fluidampr installed professionally about 20k miles ago. Crank hasn't been touched since then.

Motor is shot.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Wonder if they reused the bolt. That sucks.
Brand new pulley, brand new arp bolt.

Called the shop that did the work and was unsurprisingly told to F off basically. That since I provided the part which was brand new, they hold zero liability on not only the part (understandable) but also any install error.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
holy crap that sucks rear

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
That really sucks man, first time I hear of it happening.... Good luck on this
Only thing I can think of is additional nvh from engine mounts caused it. But even still it shouldn't happen. Plenty of folks running upgraded mounts

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It was probably just never torqued correctly and it took 20k miles to wiggle out.

No way the car vibrated it free without some install error help. If I was vibrating that much your mom would have complained.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
It was probably just never torqued correctly and it took 20k miles to wiggle out.

No way the car vibrated it free without some install error help. If I was vibrating that much your mom would have complained.
I agree. Told that to the shop that did the install. That it wiggled loose over time due to Improper torque and they said no way too long of a time period. And that they aren't liable at all.

Mind you this is the most expensive and well established independent shop to my knowledge in Dallas Ft. Worth. I stopped using them after this service actually. But still it's kinda nuts.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I agree. Told that to the shop that did the install. That it wiggled loose over time due to Improper torque and they said no way too long of a time period. And that they aren't liable at all.

Mind you this is the most expensive and well established independent shop to my knowledge in Dallas Ft. Worth. I stopped using them after this service actually. But still it's kinda nuts.
Blast them on social media (local vw/car groups). The squeaky wheel gets the grease

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
What's the plan now?
Low mileage block off LKQ probably. Got one with mid 60s on it about 200 miles from me.

No remans available from the dealer. So it'd be nearly 10k + ship for a new one.

Not sure how I want to address the shop yet. I know I'm a bit too pissed right now to be responding to anyone. I know I'm playing the "modded car" game but still

But their response of "you supplied the brand new parts so we aren't responsible for the labor done" and "20k miles is too long for a failure" on a lifetime part is complete bs. And they advertise 5 yr/50k on all work.

Sure idc about the part that's fine, and the part didn't fail. Not a broken pulley or bolt.

The crank bolt backed out which could only mean improper tq on install.

Sorry ranting.

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Man, sorry to hear. Google review with pictures was the catalyst to get a shop to fix their mistakes for me. I know it was the pictures as the owner had asked me to take them down, and then made good on the damage they did.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
And they advertise 5 yr/50k on all work.
They advertize a warranty that you fall under?! Ok yea this is on them, they should pay for everything. Blast the hell out of them for not honoring their warranty.