GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon chiptuning

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
I know there is a thread buried somewhere here about Carbon chiptuning but I think its easy to miss and its better that a moderator move it to this thread instead.

That being said, I contacted first a local tuner vtech and they seems good but hadent tuned any GTD before and I contacted dtuk and they didnt seem to want to sell any box to me (stranges mails ever).

So I sent Nick at Carbon chiptuning an e-mail asking about his service and tune and he was superb with answering my questions.

I waited some weeks then I decided to go for Nicks offer...

And I can't say I did a poor choise, Nick is very helpfull and ultrafast service.

Got it tuned this friday and testdrove my GTD...

one word: WOW

Amazing how well GTD respons to tuning, damn its blistering fast and the smooth DSG now knocks in the next gear (feel almost as a light version of BMW SMGIII gearbox) but still seamless.

On saturday I called my friend and asked for a match against his BMW E9X 330d tuned without partical filter and numbers around 270Hp and 700Nm. This car is stupid fast and the 700Nm just are blistering when you stump the gas pedal.

My Alpina E36 B8 V8 4,6 is just faster in every speed but if I miss a gear or something he is gone.

So how did my tuned GTD goes against my friends 330d? we started on the highway from rolling start at around ~110km/h like 4 to 5 times and we are close matched exactly the same speed up to 200 km/h then he slowly pulls away and after 230 km/h he is gone.

But still! up to 200 km/h he cant get away, I even cheated ones and took away before so he had to play catch up and he could not catch me before 230 km/h.

By the way I saw 257 km/h with the GTD, this is speedo as my harry laptimer did not want to work on my iphone.

I could not go past ~245 before tuning.

and I haven't tried to see what I can get the GTD to get up to yet.

Sorry forgot but numbers are claimed 220hp and 500Nm for Carbon chiptuning.

Post your experiences with this excellent tuning.

Last edited:

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone dyno tested their GTD with this tune?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure you have had a read of my benchmarking against various cars. It's nice to hear someone else enjoying the remap as much as me:D.

Welcome to the Ultimate GTD club:)

Rappy:cool:

Davo1

I've been running Carbon Chip tune a couple of weeks now and love it. Very quick and I've had tuned cars for years which I will compare it to when I do a full write up in the next few days.

I'm going to de tune back to standard tomorrow and re-tune before doing a write up.

Chris

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I've been running Carbon Chip tune a couple of weeks now and love it. Very quick and I've had tuned cars for years which I will compare it to when I do a full write up in the next few days.

I'm going to de tune back to standard tomorrow and re-tune before doing a write up.

Chris

Will be great to hear your feedback:D.

Can I suggest running the car for 2 wks to allow the car to relearn the remap.

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
So damn annoying, it started to rain... OK some other night then or I just bring out the Alpina :D this is crusing speed then.

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sure you have had a read of my benchmarking against various cars. It's nice to hear someone else enjoying the remap as much as me:D.

Welcome to the Ultimate GTD club:)

Hi yep its probably your thread. :D

Yeah its a sick little car, up to 200 its a blast but after that it drops of sadly but hey its a small 2,0L engine, its still amazing to match up with a 3,0L BMW Diesel in lower speeds. :cool:

s7wag

Ready to race!
I've got CC tune from Nick too. It's excellent. I've got a PedalBox too - add that too and you'll see another difference - makes a 'good' car turn into 'great' car!

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
But I think that will be too mutch?

I think the gearbox is little too mutch already.

Its little kinky and I need to be firm, no more sneak.

If I try to sneak it can even stall the engine now.

The gearbox kicks in the gears like a small version as the BMW SMGIII now.

Making it even harder is not a good idea I think.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I have heard a lot of good & bad reports about peddle boxes. Basically you are undoing all the good work Nick has done on the remap. If it was a racer, then I would consider one, but I like the way the remap puts the power down on the GTD.

No wrong or right answer, it's personal choice.

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Got this error code yesterday... :(

Seems to be problem with my glow plugs

Errors in computer, it says:

1. Error start and stop
2. ACC and Front assist are not possible to use.

If I restart the car its gone, if I go slow and set the speed hold then it won't come up again but if I hit the gas both tuned and not tuned errors return.

This was not fun =( really need the car as I'm going to education on Tuesday and wednesday =(

Hopefully I can get a car at the dealer and let them start fixing this tomorrow.

of course i'm reverted back to stock, I hope the dealer won't see that it has been tuned...

I have asked the dealer three times before on a car that I borrowed at work that I suspected to be tuned when it was in for ordinary maintainance work and the said they can't see if a car is tuned or not.

I hope that is true now, thats why I tuned it in the first place. Otherwise I would not dared.

Just to make up for this i'm taking out the Alpina for the first time this year now :D :D :D

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Had the same fault. I hit a fox and the radar sensor was knocked out of position. I reset the sensor and cleared the fault, reset it again when i got the plastic holding clip. Everythings ok now.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I had this happen on a few occasions & mine was simply a software glitch.

As you have the Uflash/ code reader, I would simply clear the error codes & see how you get on.

Mine has been faultless since the remap. Just over 12 mths & I have had zero issues.

Hth's

Last edited: