GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CARBONIO NEW FILTER FITTMENT ISSUES

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
Bought a replacement filter and today at about 12K miles on the old filter decided to replace with new. I bought the filter from Carbonio Direct (mail order) Code : FIL-VW-TSI Item : VW Mk5 & Mk6 TSI filter.

Problem: I can not get the new filter to fit onto the intake carbon fiber pipe (rubber end of filter too small). Tried soap and water, oil, heat and finally tried cutting the inner edge with a blade to chamfer the rubber. New filter inner diameter seems the same as old. I did not take the time to measure with micrometer, but they match up when held toghter. New filter rubber end seems thicker and less plyable.

Finally gave up and replaced the old dirty filter. Did not have time (day light) to clean old filter, thinking I could do that some other time.

Anyone else have any fittment issues? Any secerets to install new filter?
I remember reading about K&N filters not fitting right, but this is a Cabonio replacement.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
i ordered 2 replacement filters from them, same part number, and they both fit perfectly... sorry to hear you were having issue. I'd assume if you hadn't cut it they might have swapped it for you.

did you check the box the filter came in to make sure they were the same? was there any chance of there being a reducer on the inside of the filter?

allset

Go Kart Champion
Ive use K& N # RU 2820 (or 2028)

just need to trim inner lip at top of threads