GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL on

songyun

Ready to race!
Have been stage 2 about 3 weeks now. Today, when i about to park my car, the CEL on. car seems ok, nothing special. im not sure if there is any power lose. i tried to push a little bit to around 3k rpm. the power seems ok. i might go to dealer couple days later to see what happen.
any possible issues? idk if my local dealer would cover under warranty if there is anything goes wrong. :eek:

NLeo

Ready to race!
Could be from the high flow cat if your not running a spacer. Go to autozone or advanced auto parts and rent a code scanner.

songyun

Ready to race!
Could be from the high flow cat if your not running a spacer. Go to autozone or advanced auto parts and rent a code scanner.

i've already flashed to stage 2 .

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
There are usually different stage 2 files. Depending on what your setup is will dictate what tune you need. I had to get the test pipe file for my car. You can also go to advanced auto and see if any of the codes pop up on their reader. Its easier than going to the dealership.

NLeo

Ready to race!

Unless you get a test pipe file a high flow cat can still throw a cel. I see your in CA so im assuming you have a cbfa motor which is the same as here in ny. I am catless but i have friends who have high flo cats and they still get a cel because the sensors are sensitive and they see the air isnt as clean as it should be. Run the codes and my moneys on catalyst efficiency below threshold. From my experience its just as hard to get high flo cats to pass inspection as it is catless due to the battle of the readiness monitors.
Only real way to know is like I said go read the codes with a scanner.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Unless you know the exact CEL code, we can only assume what is wrong.

bdegen94

Ready to race!
ya close the gas cap all the way?? give codes:iono:

Lt_matt405

I had this problem last year trying to get my car inspected. Multiple shops told me I had to put my stock downpipe back on but im not about to do that every year! I went to RSW in NJ about this problem and they put spacers on both sensors. i ended up getting the fully loaded tune so i could change it to stock for inspection and it passed! I just put my high flow cat back on for inspection this year and changed it back to stock and the engine light still comes on every time i turn my car on. Even if I clear it with the erase code.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I had this problem last year trying to get my car inspected. Multiple shops told me I had to put my stock downpipe back on but im not about to do that every year! I went to RSW in NJ about this problem and they put spacers on both sensors. i ended up getting the fully loaded tune so i could change it to stock for inspection and it passed! I just put my high flow cat back on for inspection this year and changed it back to stock and the engine light still comes on every time i turn my car on. Even if I clear it with the erase code.

Why would you need spacers on the sensors when the ecu is tuned to stage 2? Take it back and have them fix it right.

songyun

Ready to race!

idk. i thought once i got stage 2 ecu flash. the cel wont be showed anymore and i dont need the spacer to get rid of cel.
however, i'd wise there is the sensor problem, rather than something is going wrong.

songyun

Ready to race!
Unless you get a test pipe file a high flow cat can still throw a cel. I see your in CA so im assuming you have a cbfa motor which is the same as here in ny. I am catless but i have friends who have high flo cats and they still get a cel because the sensors are sensitive and they see the air isnt as clean as it should be. Run the codes and my moneys on catalyst efficiency below threshold. From my experience its just as hard to get high flo cats to pass inspection as it is catless due to the battle of the readiness monitors.
Only real way to know is like I said go read the codes with a scanner.

umm... well. if i put a spacer on it, it can be get rid of cel totally ? i just really dont like that cel comes out under my eyes every time. oh. i need to purchase 3 spacers ? o.0

songyun

Ready to race!
by the way. what vag com do you guys use ? i think i should get a cheap one to scan codes by myself. im not sure if autoshop charge me the scan fees. and it's absolutely more convenient.

Lt_matt405

Why would you need spacers on the sensors when the ecu is tuned to stage 2? Take it back and have them fix it right.

Well last year they told me it was either the spacers or put the dp back on. They said it was bc I have the cbfa engine. They tried the testpipe file and everything and the only thing that worked was the spacers. I think I might get a full diagnostic done to rule out anything else.

NLeo

Ready to race!
Well last year they told me it was either the spacers or put the dp back on. They said it was bc I have the cbfa engine. They tried the testpipe file and everything and the only thing that worked was the spacers. I think I might get a full diagnostic done to rule out anything else.

Thats because the test pipe file deletes the rear 02 so you have the cat not ready and the rear o2 ready. In my state you can only have 1 sensor not ready. So I had to get stock mode non test pipe file that doesnt delete the rear 02. Now when I go into stock mode I get a cel and to pass inspection I just put on a spacer and it makes the cel go away and I can pass as long as they dont look under it and see theres no Cat. I used to change the downpipe every year to stock but this year I tried a spacer and passed with no problem.

songyun

Ready to race!

i guess we need 3 spacers then ?