GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I hate sensors. I feel like that just prevents the driver from being able to learn the size of their car. Majority of us get in the car and it's like an extension of our body.

Yup.

My diesel has the lane change assist sensors. I still always check over the shoulder, etc.

Then I get into a car that DOESN'T have them and suddenly I feel naked.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
There's zero % chance any of your "savings" by switching to an older car for buying a house exist. How much have you put into that car since you bought it
Tis confirmed lol should have kept the 7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
oh true guys haha i have saved a few grand believe it or not! no i'm not gonna buy the seats, can't afford them but just thought they looked great.

probly put a few g into the car

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
oh true guys haha i have saved a few grand believe it or not! no i'm not gonna buy the seats, can't afford them but just thought they looked great.

probly put a few g into the car
Lol just giving you a hard time. The mk6 came pretty decked out.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
thanks haha. yep, definitely 'saved' a good few grand there, n2m the price of the car itself.

tell ya what, 200/payment def beats 450/payment!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
thanks haha. yep, definitely 'saved' a good few grand there, n2m the price of the car itself.

tell ya what, 200/payment def beats 450/payment!
Agreed but i still hate my 200 payment as well

riceburner

Autocross Champion
of course. haha

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree, I also think it's very easy for an experienced driver to be able to upshift in a straight line with manual pretty damn fast. I've beaten dsg cars plenty of times in a straight line that had similar mods as mine.

Downshifting is really where dsg shines. There's just no way to keep up unless you are a wizard with your feet. On a track is where the driver limitations of manual really start to show. I like to give them a good run for their money though all the same.

Agree. I can keep up my son’s DSG MK6 with my RSX-S but I'm also familiar with his driving style and how his car performs - not quite fair.

Well with only 4k miles on my new MK7, I have made the decision in a few weeks to upgrade it with APR’s stage #1 tune. Screw the warranty. If it breaks I'll just have fix it. You have to pay to play.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Agree. I can keep up my son’s DSG MK6 with my RSX-S but I'm also familiar with his driving style and how his car performs - not quite fair.

Well with only 4k miles on my new MK7, I have made the decision in a few weeks to upgrade it with APR’s stage #1 tune. Screw the warranty. If it breaks I'll just have fix it. You have to pay to play.

45 days max before you say fuck it and go stage 2. 6 months max before you seriously start to consider the IS38 swap. These cars have so much potential that it becomes a sickness

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
45 days max before you say fuck it and go stage 2. 6 months max before you seriously start to consider the IS38 swap. These cars have so much potential that it becomes a sickness

Oh yes I plan to get the turbo upgrade plus more. But I’m married with a kid in college - enough said. One step at a time.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I did the red puck and torque solutions mount last night, and I have no harshness or vibration that I didn't have with the 034 trans and engine mount. In fact I feel like it made it better. I usually hear the exact opposite.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
@ EJ
May the 4th be with you

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

You'll enjoy the stage 1 for putting around town. It makes it almost at the k04 mk6 level of power, pretty insane.

I should get a mk7 :iono:

I did the red puck and torque solutions mount last night, and I have no harshness or vibration that I didn't have with the 034 trans and engine mount. In fact I feel like it made it better. I usually hear the exact opposite.
Nice, I love the way the car feels with full mounts. Pair that with some poly bushings all around. LAWDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.