GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Ya I can definitely get behind the restomod concept. Updated chassis, LS power.

My buddy Mike is building a 66 Nova. LS motor, T56, 4.11s, and Schwartz Performance chassis. Should handle awesome and he figures it'll weigh at, or just under, 3000 lbs. That thing will be a blast.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
needs more cayman build thread

Drove it to work today. I know I'm getting old because that thing SUCKS to drive in traffic. Back hurts, can't see out of it, no radio... I'm gonna go back to my diesel SUV lol.

Dang Frank stay safe homie.

Ditto sounds like this is a big one... make sure that Z is all the way up on floor 9. Maybe pack a tent for yourself and camp out on floor 8.

Jaber

Modero
Dang, glad we didn't book our FL trip around this time. We're going in 4 weeks.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Hoping for the best.

Work didn't allow us to leave the cars there, so as of now it's going in the garage and possibly on jack stands. (Just in case)

Honestly, it's still pretty far out and they're not 100% sure what kind of impact it will have on FL. I'm really hoping it stays far east or goes far west. They keep saying it's a hard storm to track, but that for sure it will hit a wall and head north. Only question is when will it hit that wall. The most recent updates has it going directly through Miami which is by far worst case scenario.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Hoping for the best.

Work didn't allow us to leave the cars there, so as of now it's going in the garage and possibly on jack stands. (Just in case)

Honestly, it's still pretty far out and they're not 100% sure what kind of impact it will have on FL. I'm really hoping it stays far east or goes far west. They keep saying it's a hard storm to track, but that for sure it will hit a wall and head north. Only question is when will it hit that wall. The most recent updates has it going directly through Miami which is by far worst case scenario.

Can you and lady Frank evacuate yourselves and the Vettes towards more promising places?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Can you and lady Frank evacuate yourselves and the Vettes towards more promising places?

Not really, we have family here and they have no plans of evacuating. Gotta be here to help my mom and the ladies parents if anything really bad were to happen.

The vette has full coverage so hopefully if anything catastrophic were to happen to it (PLZ GOD NO :bellyroll:) my insurance would cover me :iono:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
So tires scrubbed like crazy at Grattan. Roll fenders or bolt on flares? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Heard fuel is pretty scarce in southern Florida. Crazy shit. Stay safe frank!

As soon as people hear the word hurricane fuel becomes scarce lol

Happens every time. Quite a few gas stations were roped off when I was driving home today.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
boostedvw11 is in the dominican republic right now. Hope he makes it out alive, gonna get real messy there.

Hurricanes are scared of Tuna iirc

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
boostedvw11 is in the dominican republic right now. Hope he makes it out alive, gonna get real messy there.

Really? That's insane! It's expected to smack Hispaniola a bit too, he better be careful.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Good luck Frank. My parents winter house is in Bonita Springs. They are saying it may go that far north even.

I just ordered a couple years worth of Cigars. I imagine their price will skyrocket next year if Dominican and Cuba get wiped out.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
As soon as people hear the word hurricane fuel becomes scarce lol

Happens every time. Quite a few gas stations were roped off when I was driving home today.

Good point on that... I know some people down in Naples that still don't know whether to head north or not.... scary shit man, stay safe!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've talked to a lot of people on the west coast that plan on staying. None of my family is leaving. We had a couple employees head north today, but it seemed like every customer we talked to was staying.

I thought this morning it was gonna be shifted further west and go just under florida, but they keep moving the center of the cone further east. Most of the models right now have it going pretty much right over miami and then continuing right up the coast. Hopefully it'll shift east a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.