GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Tech jobs available there?

I'm sure there's plenty. Nashville is the first or second fastest growing city employment wise in the nation. They can't build homes fast enough for the all the people coming to enjoy the city. Kinda awesome to have witnessed the change from when I was little to what it is now

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

^ this

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I'm sure there's plenty. Nashville is the first or second fastest growing city employment wise in the nation. They can't build homes fast enough for the all the people coming to enjoy the city. Kinda awesome to have witnessed the change from when I was little to what it is now

I've spent more time in Knoxville than Nashville.... I do recall Knoxville being pretty nice. Can't imagine Nashville being worse.

I want to get out of Chicago but can't risk going somewhere where the job market for my industry is even worse... :/

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I've spent more time in Knoxville than Nashville.... I do recall Knoxville being pretty nice. Can't imagine Nashville being worse.

I want to get out of Chicago but can't risk going somewhere where the job market for my industry is even worse... :/

Knoxville is a dump compared to Nashville. If you could make the move you should do it. No income tax and pretty sure property tax is pretty low here as well

Jaber

Modero

There's a negative to that positive, from what I hear. Traffic can suck balls.

Knoxville is a dump compared to Nashville. If you could make the move you should do it. No income tax and pretty sure property tax is pretty low here as well

We pay approx $7k a year for townhome in crook county, a house over there from what I saw last time, $1.5k-2k a year.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
There's a negative to that positive, from what I hear. Traffic can suck balls.

We pay approx $7k a year for townhome in crook county, a house over there from what I saw last time, $1.5k-2k a year.

Yeah those savings add up over time man. Only reason I'm going to switch my residency to Florida this fall is because no income tax AND no emissions.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Doing a quick search, it seems like there's a good amount in Nashville area. There's a ton for my wife however.

Yeah my position would be the same. I'm sure the wife could find a gig in a week. My job would take a lot longer, if it even really would exist at all down there.

That extra $5k a year goes a looong way on the mortgage payment, too.

I remember being amazed at friends when I lived in Seattle buying $800k+ houses. Then I found out that taxes on an $800k house are $1500/yr there. Meanwhile my $230k house here in McHenry is almost $10k/yr in taxes. More of my monthly payment goes to taxes than it does to the mortgage.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah my position would be the same. I'm sure the wife could find a gig in a week. My job would take a lot longer, if it even really would exist at all down there.

That extra $5k a year goes a looong way on the mortgage payment, too.

I remember being amazed at friends when I lived in Seattle buying $800k+ houses. Then I found out that taxes on an $800k house are $1500/yr there. Meanwhile my $230k house here in McHenry is almost $10k/yr in taxes. More of my monthly payment goes to taxes than it does to the mortgage.

That $230k house could be a $400k house on a 30 year mortgage down here. Oh and 400k goes a long freaking way here too

champyg

Passed Driver's Ed
I was actually shooting for a job in the Nashville area when I ended up with the one that brought me here from Arkansas. Nashville is great, but get there quick because it's going to be in an Austin, TX like bubble soon. I think the tech sector there is is expanding, but it wasn't exactly a hub when I looked for electrical engineering positions a year or two ago.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah those savings add up over time man. Only reason I'm going to switch my residency to Florida this fall is because no income tax AND no emissions.

Military might be different, of course... but in the private sector, if you work out of another state, regardless of where your home is, you pay income tax in that state. Might want to make sure on all of that before you go through the hassle.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Military might be different, of course... but in the private sector, if you work out of another state, regardless of where your home is, you pay income tax in that state. Might want to make sure on all of that before you go through the hassle.

Yeah we pay home of record state taxes in the military. California guys get screwed until they get stationed elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.