GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I finally had a good look at the mirror on my car that I thought was destroyed. I was surprised to find almost everything still intact. I was able to put it all back together, the only part that actually broke was the turn signal piece. so just need to search for that piece now :)

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe some type of rubber strip off of a semis bumper?

bummer .

How it managed to get under the grill :iono:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
No - no dashcam. But she did chase down the truck that it came from and snapped a picture of the trailer plate.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I suppose this is a good case for buying a dashcam - but that can also be a double-edged sword.... especially sharp double-edge given the wifey's heavy foot...

Jaber

Modero
I suppose this is a good case for buying a dashcam - but that can also be a double-edged sword.... especially sharp double-edge given the wifey's heavy foot...

Yeah, even if no GPS, they can use markers on the road to determine speed. I've been putting off buying a new dashcam and after the freezing cold temps, the suction gave out and it fell one too many times, it randomly gives a CARD READ ERROR. Reboot fixes it however. Every time I think I found the right one, another new one comes out. And I can't justify spending $300-$400 for one.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, even if no GPS, they can use markers on the road to determine speed. I've been putting off buying a new dashcam and after the freezing cold temps, the suction gave out and it fell one too many times, it randomly gives a CARD READ ERROR. Reboot fixes it however. Every time I think I found the right one, another new one comes out. And I can't justify spending $300-$400 for one.

Yep.

I'm not sure if the good outweighs the bad for her.

For me, I rarely speed excessively anymore (10 over is about my limit) which drives her bonkers (lol....) so it might pay off for me...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yep.

For me, I rarely speed excessively anymore (10 over is about my limit) which drives her bonkers (lol....) so it might pay off for me...

co-worker uses some $50something or another. hasn't failed him yet. i'll see if i can get the link. :thumbsup:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
g1wc is cheap option

co-worker uses some $50something or another. hasn't failed him yet. i'll see if i can get the link. :thumbsup:

g1wc is the go to cheap dashcam

i have dash cam footage if you wanna see it pm me

Jaber

Modero
Yep.

I haven't been speeding lately, and if I do, it's usually 10-15 over.

Mine is a $40 one that has been discontinued for some time. It's useless at night, if you have a lot of cars coming towards you. For day time, it does the job. What you would expect from a cheap unit.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Did a little looking around this weekend online. Looks like the SRT Durango can be had for roughly 62K for a model that sits around $69K. They have a couple things going for them.

1) 8700 lb towing capacity, which is apparently best in class.
2) 12.9 in 1/4, 0-60 in 4.4 sec.
3) 3 rows of seats
4) Looks damn good
5) Sounds even better

Only real complaints are

1) price. $62K still a lot of scratch and I debate if I rather have a Hellcat for basically the same price.
2) Max of 6 seats. I can fit 6 people in my truck. If they put the bench in middle like a regular Durango, it would have a lot more appeal to me.

The truck is kind of a bastard child as a result. It's not fast enough to take the role of a sports car, doesn't haul any more people than my Truck (ok it does legally), and it doesn't tow better than my truck. It is a whole lot more fun to drive though and sounds absolutely wicked.

If you compare it to a Tahoe, it's a bargain. Tows more and is way faster for a lot less.

I test drove another Wrangler today. Last years model. Despite the inside being from a mid 2000s Dodge/Jeep anything, it was a lot more appealing to me. It drove more how I would expect it to. Rough, truck-like, etc. The new model is basically a Grand Cherokee with a boxy body. IMO, too plush for an off-roader.

Sticker for a loaded up last years Rubicon- $52,000!!! And, they didn't want do deal (it was a 2017 MY too!!). Are they nuts. I Told them we just bought a loaded to the gills Grand Cherokee for $45K that stickered at $54K. Their response was typical, that there is more markup on the Grand Cherokee than the Wrangler....DESPITE the wrangler having 1/4 of the features the Grand Cherokee has.

I get the resale is high on them, but that's robbery. I changed the muffler on my 4R over the weekend and noticed the rust starting on the frame. Not sure how much longer I have with her at this point.

That's still nuts, Jeeps are such junk.

Clearly, people pay for them, as I see them everywhere. Still nuts. Especially since 90% of them never get used for anything other than posing in the HS parking lot and/or going to the grocery store.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
unreliable, remember when we were racing and the footage "accidentally" deleted itself.... :iono:
hes right you know
:laugh:
I'm probably going to buy this one, this week.

i formatted the card on accident hes not lying .

i do have footage of me holding off jay through 2nd and 3rd gear though :iono:

doesnt matter he had more power spinning on winter tires on a warm day while i was on rivals , a win is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.