GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Almost made it to work. I'm driving down the street and notice an SUV heading right towards me, I honk and flash my lights a lot of times, dude didn't change direction or speed, so I swerved left, but didn't have enough speed to completely avoid impact.

Driver claims his steering wheel locked, but dashcam video shows he doesn't brake or honk or flash his lights, to signal there was a problem from his end.

Damn dude, sorry for the loss there. Glad you are OK.

Look on the bright side though, I have a gen 2 CTS-V I’ll sell you that will blow the doors off a GTI :D

Jaber

Modero
Damn dude, sorry for the loss there. Glad you are OK.

Look on the bright side though, I have a gen 2 CTS-V I’ll sell you that will blow the doors off a GTI :D

:laugh:

If I have to get another car, prob just going to get a DD and save money to buy a project car later on. I was happy to be payment free with this car in a few months.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I mean if you are parting it out I'll take the wind deflectors :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I would have accepted "medical emergency" until I heard his excuse of "steering wheel locked." Definitely distracted driving.

Jaber

Modero
I would have accepted "medical emergency" until I heard his excuse of "steering wheel locked." Definitely distracted driving.

Since wife works for insurance company, first thing I asked. She said unless something really hurts, not to bother. Otherwise go to immediate care to get it documented at least.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
100% distracted driving yeah

in theory if they worked on that street and left their keyfob outside of vehicle...would vehicle lock up? im trying to think of any variables.

Since wife works for insurance company, first thing I asked. She said unless something really hurts, not to bother. Otherwise go to immediate care to get it documented at least.

smart driving last minute turning car , kudos there .

and no kids in the car thats a plus right? trying to look at upsides

with video their insurance should be 100% at fault in terms of coverage

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
100% distracted driving yeah

in theory if they worked on that street and left their keyfob outside of vehicle...would vehicle lock up? im trying to think of any variables.

I don't think so, no.

My dad's Chevy w/Keyless just beeps annoyingly at you if the key exits the car while it's running. So does the Porsche. My buddy's Audi A6 *shuts off* if you exit the car while running with the key.

Given the guy didn't brake, or try to flash lights... it wasn't a mechanical failure. No fuckin way.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't put it past the car just yet. Remember the people with the accelerator sticking issues a few years ago. Noone thought to shift into neutral.
Steering could have locked and they were freaking out about it and not thinking critically what to do. You know deer in headlights effect.

Glad you are ok. Some issues don't materialize instantly. You might be sore tomorrow. And I'll pour one out for another lost gti

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

If I have to get another car, prob just going to get a DD and save money to buy a project car later on. I was happy to be payment free with this car in a few months.

Uggg that sucks man. Hopefully insurance pay out is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.