GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I need some motivation to get my car fixed

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I didn’t think it would make that much difference till I sat in a buddies car with the 18 ways. For me it was the width and the shoulder support. The 18 ways are a little bit wider. I’ve got broad shoulders, wide waist and skinny legs. I can deflate the seat back bolster for my waist and torso, then inflate the seatbase bolsters to support my thighs. Fits me perfect now. The 14 ways were still very comfortable, just a bit snug and no shoulder support.
Ya the 14s have 0 shoulder support. 18s help there.

But they both lack in the hips.... in aggressive driving you will still need to use your knees smashed against the door panel and center console to keep yourself in the seat. Getting a seat with the race-tex center helps... but those are hard to come by.

Cadubya79

Go Kart Champion
Ya the 14s have 0 shoulder support. 18s help there.

But they both lack in the hips.... in aggressive driving you will still need to use your knees smashed against the door panel and center console to keep yourself in the seat. Getting a seat with the race-tex center helps... but those are hard to come by.
I’m not sure they even exist. These seats are ventilated. Not sure race tex was available on the vented seats. We’ll see. If I’m still sliding around a bit, I’ll just have the centers re-upholstered in perforated Alcantara. I did it on my 135i seats and it came out great. Didn’t cost much either. Or maybe get crazy and do pepita or pasha

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure they even exist. These seats are ventilated. Not sure race tex was available on the vented seats. We’ll see. If I’m still sliding around a bit, I’ll just have the centers re-upholstered in perforated Alcantara. I did it on my 135i seats and it came out great. Didn’t cost much either. Or maybe get crazy and do pepita or pasha
Bless you.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Correct - racetex centers means no cooling. :(. Annoying.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Must be why racecars only get those little tiny fans pointed at the driver.
Yeah until you get into the more spensive cars.... the team I work for has campaigned a pair of BMW M4 GT4's the last couple years - they have not only A/C, but an A/C seat as well.

Swapped the silver trim for white
That's one thing I haven't been a huge fan of. When I see the painted trim (which is $$$$ when ordered that way) I always think of 1991 "Sport Compact Car" magazine where every Integra and Civic painted their trim and vents and cluster surrounds.

The wife’s new chariot.

Q7 Prestige
Nice!! Prestige... so it's got the B&O Audio too?

Cadubya79

Go Kart Champion
Yeah until you get into the more spensive cars.... the team I work for has campaigned a pair of BMW M4 GT4's the last couple years - they have not only A/C, but an A/C seat as well.

That's one thing I haven't been a huge fan of. When I see the painted trim (which is $$$$ when ordered that way) I always think of 1991 "Sport Compact Car" magazine where every Integra and Civic painted their trim and vents and cluster surrounds.

Nice!! Prestige... so it's got the B&O Audio too?
Yup, B&O, tow package, air suspension, heated and cooled seats. Pretty much fully loaded save for massage seats, night vision, and automated parking

Cadubya79

Go Kart Champion
Retrofitted the SQ7 direct tire pressure monitoring module so I can see actual pressures while towing

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpeg
    IMG_5983.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30