GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Goodmorning everyone
Also if you want to see tense, shouldve seen me first week driving stick...got caught on a extremely steep hill at a light when it was snowing out with someone on my bumper. :oops:

Good morning.

I’m sure you were!! I had to go hunting for hills to practice driving stick on. It’s very flat where I live so when I do stop on an incline I still get a little nervous since I rarely drive on any. I didn’t know the GTI had hill assist until 6 months after I owned it lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Goodmorning everyone

- Copper barrel is a place out in hampshire, been hearing good reviews from locals

Morning.

Hmmm Hampshire - I'll have to make a note of it. We generally don't venture too far out that direction since (usually) there's nothing out there. We just had Niko's Tavern for dinner last night actually. Unless we deliberately make the trek to Marengo we just don't go west of 47.

- Smart move driving in the snow, good to feel what lack of traction feels like. Maybe a few ABS stops etc.

-The state requirement used to be 30 hours iirc , i got my hours fairly quickly through private driving school and running errands

Yeah I had him get into the ABS a few times so he could see what it felt like. Also so he knows "if you're getting into the ABS you're likely already driving too fast for conditions."

Times have changed with regards to getting a license, that's for sure. I remember all my friends who took Drivers Ed in HS - the LAST day of school for the semester, it was always a MAD RUSH to get to the DMV to show you completed the class and were due your DL.

I know I didn't have any "hours" requirement. Not that it would've been a problem - my 15th bday present was driver's ed. I drove everywhere with my dad once I got my permit.

What's new to me is this whole "you have to keep your permit for 9 months before you can apply for a DL."

Also if you want to see tense, shouldve seen me first week driving stick...got caught on a extremely steep hill at a light when it was snowing out with someone on my bumper. :oops:

Yeah. Jr. was all "I'm going to learn stick right away" and mom was right there with him. I argued, "Let's just get the basics down first."

After a few hours of driving, he agreed - trying to put stick on top of the basics would've been too much.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Jesus people in the burbs are clueless. I parked next to a newer a8 this morning at work. Guy had a stack of 20's just chilling out in the open on his center console.
lol

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Good morning.

I’m sure you were!! I had to go hunting for hills to practice driving stick on. It’s very flat where I live so when I do stop on an incline I still get a little nervous since I rarely drive on any. I didn’t know the GTI had hill assist until 6 months after I owned it lol.
Yeah, i was in my jeep in 2wd mode unfortunately and already on the brake. I ended up basically switching to the clutch on green and partially dumping it. spun the tires but didnt roll back lol.

Yep hill assist wasnt a thing in 98 jeeps lol.

good weekend was good. Was in MI for a wedding and was told constantly to drive safe on the way home

wifes car has snow tires on it and have yet to drive it in any snow lol

got more work down on a custom intake I'm mocking together. CSB
Very cool , personally not a big fan of weddings. Mediocre food, fake smiles etc. I do enjoy getting dressed up though, excuse to bring out my nicer watch.

I dont think you really NEED snow tires in midwest unless further north but they sure are nice on fwd cars

If your custom intake comes along nicely i might consider switching mine to that design, youd be the first to do such a mockup. in4pics

Morning.

Hmmm Hampshire - I'll have to make a note of it. We generally don't venture too far out that direction since (usually) there's nothing out there. We just had Niko's Tavern for dinner last night actually. Unless we deliberately make the trek to Marengo we just don't go west of 47.

Yeah I had him get into the ABS a few times so he could see what it felt like. Also so he knows "if you're getting into the ABS you're likely already driving too fast for conditions."

Times have changed with regards to getting a license, that's for sure. I remember all my friends who took Drivers Ed in HS - the LAST day of school for the semester, it was always a MAD RUSH to get to the DMV to show you completed the class and were due your DL.

I know I didn't have any "hours" requirement. Not that it would've been a problem - my 15th bday present was driver's ed. I drove everywhere with my dad once I got my permit.

What's new to me is this whole "you have to keep your permit for 9 months before you can apply for a DL."

Yeah. Jr. was all "I'm going to learn stick right away" and mom was right there with him. I argued, "Let's just get the basics down first."

After a few hours of driving, he agreed - trying to put stick on top of the basics would've been too much.
- Havent tried Nikos yet... their old location was good

-Back in my day you got your license the day you turned 16. That was like the thing to do. Now it seems most kids dont want their license cause it means they have to get a job lol. Some of my family members waited till almost 20 to get their license...and when they get it..they dont want a cool car..they want like a prius.

-I learned stickshift in an empty parking lot. When you first go on public roads its terrifying the thought of stalling it at a light lol

How many of you took drivers ed through your school? I went the private route which was much more convenient/faster.
I always try to teach people the parking break trick for hills when learning stick even thought its flat as shit where I live.
I wish i had known this trick at the time since i was already on the brakes .

Another fun story...rwd truck, 1 wheel spin uphill in snow. 2 lane road, lane next to me the driver next to me was cool...gave me extra room cause the truck was using both lanes to get up the hill since going up it at 45 degrees lol. Learned my lesson that day too, put some damn weight in the back of the truck real fast.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Never seen or heard of the stuff until mentioned here....what brand is it?
The "Hello" stuff? (after a quick Google)
And what does it taste like?
Its called Active Wow - sold, where else, on Amazon - $20 bucks for enough product to last probably a couple of years - no taste , no odor, it just feels like you're brushing your teeth with water.

Jaber

Modero
Morning.

I've been there twice. It's OK. Nothing really worth taking your time to go out there. Maybe if you're in the area already. I would rather go to BBQ Smoke house or w/e it is called in Huntley.

First post here. Wow yeah. Mod jay745 doesn’t like the first amendment. Wow yeah. Imagine being the saltiest person on the forum and being in charge. This is what America doesn’t need. Change my mind. Happy day boys. ✌?✌?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
First post here. Wow yeah. Mod jay745 doesn’t like the first amendment. Wow yeah. Imagine being the saltiest person on the forum and being in charge. This is what America doesn’t need. Change my mind. Happy day boys. ✌?✌?
What the hell are you even talking about? You're a weirdo who has some strange obsession with me. I didn't say shit about you coming back, lose the attitude.

SmartSelect_20200114-131538_Chrome.jpg

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
What the hell are you even talking about? You're a weirdo who has some strange obsession with me. I didn't say shit about you coming back, lose the attitude.

View attachment 163095
“Message awaiting mod approval”. Riiiight. You haveNNOOOOOOTHING to do with this. Amirite. Wow yeah. Lmao. #commonsense

Attachments

• F92087D0-B8EC-4574-9E02-EB2C8EC8761D.png
    F92087D0-B8EC-4574-9E02-EB2C8EC8761D.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 127

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So nothing specifically political here but is it common. Where you all are from where teachers get a bit preachy on political matters in classes that hardly or don't touch on politics as a topic?