GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

City Light Bulbs.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the size of the citylight bulbs?

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Thanks 'Woofie2'
I'll be ordering those bulbs in white as soon as i get my euroswitch in the mail and getting it vag-com

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
I was looking at replacing these lights the other day. Does anyone know if you have to take off the front bumper in order to replace them, or really any light in the headlights? It's kind of a pain to get to any of the bulbs.

tony421

Passed Driver's Ed
Are those the DRLs?

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
wonder if that's the same on the halogen housings...

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
What if u have the euroswitch? I really want to drive around with just citylights and or fogs.. would it be possible if a have a euroswitch and do vag-com? or extra wiring still needed?

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
With a vagcom coded euroswitch, it is possible to run fogs and parking lights.

Thanks again! I cant wait till my euroswitch comes in the mail :) second step is to find who can vag-com it right?
For those who changed their parking lights.. does the headlight needs to be removed to change the bulb?

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks again! I cant wait till my euroswitch comes in the mail :) second step is to find who can vag-com it right?
For those who changed their parking lights.. does the headlight needs to be removed to change the bulb?

I would assume so. I took a look at the headlights a little while ago and there does not appear to be a way to get to them without removing the headlight housings. I could be wrong though, this is my first German car :p.

If you do have to, I'd like to know if you have to remove the front bumper to get the housings out. I'm hoping for a no.

p3asa

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what you mean re parking lights but I have changed my bulbs here in the UK and it doesn't involve removing the headlight.

It tells you in the manual how to change the bulbs.

Or have I read your question wrong?

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately all it states my manual is to have a qualified professional complete the light bulb replacement and that certain parts of the car may need to be removed in order to complete the process. So...I'm going with front bumper needs to be taken off :) or at most the grill, but I have a feel there are fasteners underneath the bumper.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure what you mean re parking lights but I have changed my bulbs here in the UK and it doesn't involve removing the headlight.

It tells you in the manual how to change the bulbs.

Or have I read your question wrong?

Parking lights i meant as citylights, its the lights that are shown on the picture in this thread (sorry many people call them differently)
I've seen pictures of some mk6s with those lights already changed and before i wanna change mine i just want to make sure i dont need to remove my headlights or bumper and my vehicles manual doesnt say anything :(
Any information will be helpful!

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I was not aware that the xenon headlights had city lights. Are they under the headlight in that little space? Also there is no parking/city light position on the headlight switch, just headlight off and on. Kinda silly since you can't really see a city light right next to a bright HID xenon light