GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

corman1313

Ready to race!
Update 10/15/16

Decided to E tune with Alex from Stratified Tuning, loaded up my first map from him with my mods given to him and the car already feels good. It's so much smoother than the Cobb pro tune map. We will see what changes are made after my logs are sent back for this first version but the car feels pretty good so far, exactly as I was expecting.

PS: It was a hard decision between Alex and Justin from Twisted Tuning but I went with Alex as we had talked and messaged more. Both tuners were recommended directly from Cobb in Austin.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
If you are using 93 the 91 tune may resolve your issues and it's absolutely worth a try. At this point I am waiting for the new v103 file that is for stock maf.

There's no need to wait, call cobb directly and they'll email it to you while their talking to you on the phone... I'm running v103 stock maf from them.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Update 10/15/16

Decided to E tune with Alex from Stratified Tuning, loaded up my first map from him with my mods given to him and the car already feels good. It's so much smoother than the Cobb pro tune map. We will see what changes are made after my logs are sent back for this first version but the car feels pretty good so far, exactly as I was expecting.

PS: It was a hard decision between Alex and Justin from Twisted Tuning but I went with Alex as we had talked and messaged more. Both tuners were recommended directly from Cobb in Austin.

You'll be very pleased.. It will just keep getting better as you go through the process..

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

AFUENTESMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
Was wondering if I could get some help with this..

I bought my AccessPort about a month ago and have noticed some pretty weird stuff happen with my car. First, I have noticed the car's idle change while its rolling into a stop and also while it is static. It has rises to 1,000- 1,200rpm fluctuated a bit then dropped to a normal idle. Second during a cold start you hear the intake sputter as if it was in boost and created a "blow off" sound. Yesterday after a cold start I drove for about 3 min pulled over, walked outside to do something, walked and and had a CEL. Two separate codes 1)" To lean at idle" 2) "Air Intake Leak."

What does this mean, should I be concerned, and what should I do next?
I also have some data logs I can post up of it would be helpful. I have been able to capture the whole phenomenon from start to finish so hopefully it will.

Last edited:

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Was wondering if I could get some help with this..

I bought my AccessPort about a month ago and have noticed some pretty weird stuff happen with my car. First, I have noticed the car's idle change while its rolling into a stop and also while it is static. It has rises to 1,000- 1,200rpm fluctuated a bit then dropped to a normal idle. Second during a cold start you hear the intake sputter as if it was in boost and created a "blow off" sound. Yesterday after a cold start I drove for about 3 min pulled over, walked outside to do something, walked and and had a CEL. Two separate codes 1)" To lean at idle" 2) "Air Intake Leak."

What does this mean, should I be concerned, and what should I do next?
I also have some data logs I can post up of it would be helpful. I have been able to capture the whole phenomenon from start to finish so hopefully it will.

First thing I would do is check/retighten all the connections and clamps on the intake and possibly clean your MAF, then check if the problem still occurs. Also If you flash back to stock does the problem still occur? Sounds like an intake leak and the codes describe that it is.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
First thing I would do is check/retighten all the connections and clamps on the intake and possibly clean your MAF, then check if the problem still occurs. Also If you flash back to stock does the problem still occur? Sounds like an intake leak and the codes describe that it is.
I 2nd this notion, sounds like a leak on the intake side, will cause rough idle and a CEL.

corman1313

Ready to race!
I agree, check your MAF connections first and then clean if needed. And try flashing back and see if thats the issue.
As for "custom stage 1 intake", are you still using the stock MAF housing?

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I agree, check your MAF connections first and then clean if needed. And try flashing back and see if thats the issue.
As for "custom stage 1 intake", are you still using the stock MAF housing?

Yes, It's just a filter on a stick (heat soak city right now) until I get a mini keg to make a shield for it so it would be like the APR carbonio stage 1 part which leads to the stock MAF and the stock stage 2 part of the intake. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4631784-DIY-Mini-keg-heat-shield-air-intake

corman1313

Ready to race!
Yes, It's just a filter on a stick (heat soak city right now) until I get a mini keg to make a shield for it so it would be like the APR carbonio stage 1 part which leads to the stock MAF and the stock stage 2 part of the intake. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4631784-DIY-Mini-keg-heat-shield-air-intake
Ok gotcha.

Check connections and clean if needed.

Also if you arent running the V103 map for stock MAF housing you can be running into issues because if that. Check a few pages back and a few guys mention this. I had issues with the OTS map and the Neuspeed P Flo, but cobb just released a map to use with stock MAF housing so definitely email them and ask for that. These guys can probably give it to you as well.