GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

code P0303 misfire cylinder #3

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I understand this was just covered. However, does anyone know which cylinder is cylinder #3?
Once I turned my car off the epc & check engine light went off. In order to save myself serveral hours at the dealer, I would rather swap it myself. It would be much easier knowing which is #3 Thanks

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I believe going from right to left, its 1-4. But can someone else please confirm? when i had to swap a coil pack, the CEL said cylinder 4 and it was the one on the far left, iirc.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, then im probably wrong. I trust dood above^

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Inline engines are numbered from front to rear. Just find the belts and that's the front.

V engines can be numbered by bank or cylinder position. Depending on how the manufacturer does it.

On our car the front of the engine is on the passenger side.

Enjoy and take your time when replacing the coil.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Thanks. It's odd that I don't hear a miss & it only begins to sputter under load. I have my fingers crossed it's just a coil pack. The car only has 11, 900 miles.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I'll be taking it to the dealer on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it though as Gunther in Coconut Creek used to be mod friendly but that has changed. I've heard of them denying warranty work for things as simple as no cats which I don't have. I also have better things to do than spend several hours waiting for just a coil pack replacement.

Last edited: