GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coil Over Problems

joevw22

Ready to race!
Hey, I’m taking off my springs and putting on different ones, I did 3/4 tires and now I’m going to the front left to get it done. When I pull the coil over out and put the Allen key in and o2 sensor socket in and begin to twist it realized the Allen wrench socket was stripped. I jammed a bigger one in there and hammered it in and no matter what I do it just keeps slipping. I tried to hold the exterior w my hands and a grip, but the bolts on their too tight for either of those. Any solutions for a stripped Allen wrench hole?

Sorry if any of that doesn’t make sense I just worked on my car all day and I’m exhausted

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Impact gun.

Are you taking about getting the top hat off?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah the top hat, it needs to be either held on the outside so it doesn’t spin or a Allen wrench has to be put in the middle and counter turned so it doesn’t spin.
No it doesn't. It comes right off with a zap of any impact gun. Try listening to the ppl who have posted homie. They aren't lying to you

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I was able to zip it off with a little 12v impact. I was having the same issue you were.

I’d you don’t have one swing by a garage I’m sure someone will zap it off for you. Harbor freight has some decent battery ones or get an air one so your ready for the next stubborn nut.

joevw22

Ready to race!
No it doesn't. It comes right off with a zap of any impact gun. Try listening to the ppl who have posted homie. They aren't lying to you
Not saying y'all were wrong at all abt the impact lol (it worked for me.) I was saying the top hat spins when I impact, ratchet or wrench it though. At the time I was trying to apply counter pressure w my hand or a vice grip and it wasn't near enough. I ended up just screwing the 3 corners into a wood frame and putting some weight on top of it. Thanks for the advice y'all I ended up getting it this morning :)