GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I did the prescribed OBD11 changes today and man what a difference. Pedal is nice and linear now. Before it was like, first 1/4 of travel I got 5% force, 2/4 I got 5-70% in one big rush, and then last 1/2 I got the final 30%. Now it is just nice and progressive and feels so much better. This is an absolute must if you do this kit.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have the iOS version of OBD11 and can confirm the brake adaptations outlined on the first page are possible on the PRO version? Haven’t picked one up (or done these adaptations yet) but am itching to do so.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I see that Macan calipers are fit on PP but how about non PP GTI? Could someone locate me to right direction in order to complete DIY BBK.

This setup works for non-PP cars too. You'll need mk6 R rotors and to remove or modify your heat shields. Other than that, fits exactly the same.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Does anyone have the iOS version of OBD11 and can confirm the brake adaptations outlined on the first page are possible on the PRO version? Haven’t picked one up (or done these adaptations yet) but am itching to do so.

I know this isn’t quite the answer you’re looking for but I just bought a $30 Android tablet off eBay instead of trying to use the iOS version of OBD11. The iOS version has very few features compared to Android.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Finally made time to install with 345 mm rotors over the long weekend. 18x8 et46 S3 oem wheels were very very close without a spacer. I run a 10mm for my street setup so no big deal. My A3 has basically the non PP 312 mm setup. My only prior experience doing brakes were with stock style sliding calipers. Man, I've been missing out with how easy it is to swap pads with this setup. Decided not to paint now and get them powder coated along with R/S3 rears once I get a hold of a set. Thanks to all the thread OGs who provided the info. Wish all my installs went this smoothly. Anyway, I added a pic for flattening the dust shield with a hammer. Also, found a Q5 DIY that was super helpful for those like me who need visuals to make sense of things.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/822180-DIY-Front-Brembo-Brake-Job-3-0T

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Has anybody tried the OEM brake lines from the Macan or Q5? Correct length, fittings, etc.? I'd rather have the piece of mind of OEM parts than slightly better pedal feel if they work.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You can use the fractory lines.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
For those that find the new price of SRF expensive, Brembo HTC64T is just as good and has less compressibility at a cheaper price. Endless RF650 is still the go to for many top teams, but the $$$ compared to SRF or Brembo makes it less worthwhile for us grassroots racers.

ktt88

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I've ordered Centric 150.37031 rubber brake lines off the Macan. They are the correct thread pitch/size, however I'm not sure if they are the correct length. I will be attempting to install them this weekend so I will find out then if they work or not. Roughly $40CAD for both lines shipped (y)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I've ordered Centric 150.37031 rubber brake lines off the Macan. They are the correct thread pitch/size, however I'm not sure if they are the correct length. I will be attempting to install them this weekend so I will find out then if they work or not. Roughly $40CAD for both lines shipped (y)
It's been addressed in the first post. It will work, but be longer than needed and you'll have to zip tie it.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Has anyone tried fitting a 17x8 Konig Hypergram over these brakes? The Hypergrams fit over stock R brakes with a 5mm spacer so I was wondering if they'd fit over the Macan calipers as well.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Has anyone tried fitting a 17x8 Konig Hypergram over these brakes? The Hypergrams fit over stock R brakes with a 5mm spacer so I was wondering if they'd fit over the Macan calipers as well.

They are significantly wider than PP calipers. You're looking at 10mm spacers minimum likely to get them to fit. I have 17 x 7.5 +45 Konig Runlites that fit with a 10mm spacer.