GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cracked bumper. OEM or aftermarket?

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a slight bump into a car and the bumper is not scratched or anything but it did crack right below the upper grill.

Its about an inch long and you really cant see it but I KNOW its there and that bothers me.

What are my aftermarket options on a replacement bumper or should I just buy a new OEM? :mad:

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Had a slight bump into a car and the bumper is not scratched or anything but it did crack right below the upper grill.

Its about an inch long and you really cant see it but I KNOW its there and that bothers me.

What are my aftermarket options on a replacement bumper or should I just buy a new OEM? :mad:

Show us a picture and we'll be able to better analyze it.

Otherwise, sand it. Bondo it. and Paint it. MUCH cheaper in the long run.

puremadness

Ready to race!
Get the OEM. I work for ins company as auto damage apprasier. The aftermarket covers are junk. bondo will never hold a crack on a bumper. it will keep coming back.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Picture first, then well help you out.
But I'm sure if it's an inch long, take it to a local body shop to get it fixed.
Or buy OEM only, never ever buy aftermarket bumpers unless it's from a highly reputable company.

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
here are the pictures guys :(

Attachments

• IMG-20110426-00146.jpg
    IMG-20110426-00146.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG-20110426-00147.jpg
    IMG-20110426-00147.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 207

Halvie

WOOSA
does the euro bumper cover fit without anything else? Need to get mine resprayed, and figure I might just toss that on if I don't need anything besides the bumper cover.

Alen

Passed Driver's Ed
dude i was in the same boat 2 weeks ago, got hit and my back bumper needed to be replaced, so i had RAZOR in mind, but something told me to go OEM when i saw the valance, never came to mind to call them up and ask them if gti valance would fit in, oh well. just go with oem bro, theres nothing you are going to regret.

marcelo929

Passed Driver's Ed
well im only 19 so the RAZOR kit is something i actually like. So this means ill probably wait it you until i have enough for the basic package and buy the RAZOR body kit. It is pretty over the top, yes, but It gives it a much sportier look.

It's gonna be a long time before I actually want to drop 2.5k on the kit though so who knows.. I guess ill take it to a body shop for now and later on get the body kit.. Last thing I want is to be broke 'cause of my car...

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
If you're considering an OEM vs. OEM style, I would definitely go for the OEM. The quality and fitment are perfect on the OEM, whereas with OEM style it can sometimes be a bit more of a gamble. That's not to say OEM style bumpers won't fit perfectly fine but I've heard some stories where they fit well, and some where they didn't.