GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cracked Subframe :(

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
Sadly run over a slew of rocks or something at night the last week and did not notice any immediate damage, until yesterday when changing my oil I had a crack in the top part of my Front Subframe.

Does anyone know what other models and years of cars I can buy a Subframe from? (Looks like 09-12 Jetta, Golf, & EOS. Do not about what Audi models.)

The part number I'm looking for is:
1K0199313AL

Keffer has it for $381 which isn't so bad but would rather get a used one of eBay or something for $100 to $150.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
You can also use the aluminum subframe from the Audi tt. Not sure which year or part number but I have seen it fitted before it is suppose to be a straight fit.

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
You can also use the aluminum subframe from the Audi tt. Not sure which year or part number but I have seen it fitted before it is suppose to be a straight fit.

Do you know what year?

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Not sure i think any mk2 tt would work. I remember seeing in Grambles sig that he had a tt-rs subframe. If you are interested you can ask him.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I've never had a TT subframe on my car.

maxgtiturbo1

Ready to race!
I've been running with a cracked subframe on my MK5 for about a year and a half now, haven't had any issues. It is however on my long list of parts to order (towards the very bottom though)

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
JB weld it. :)

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
JB weld it. :)

Haha possible I guess but not worth it if I can get one used for 75 to 150. :)

I've been running with a cracked subframe on my MK5 for about a year and a half now, haven't had any issues. It is however on my long list of parts to order (towards the very bottom though)

I have been for about 2 or 3 weeks without any issue's but would feel much better replacing a 100 to 400 dollar part then dropping my whole front suspension if the whole thing breaks.

Last edited:

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Been there, it definitely sucked. I probably could have driven around for a while with no issues but I had more suspensions parts that needed to go in right away.

If I had the time and budget I would've upgraded the spindles, sub-frame, LCA tie-rods etc.

Now would be a good time to upgrade your front suspension at least do the Tyrol rigid collars and new stretch bolts.

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
Been there, it definitely sucked. I probably could have driven around for a while with no issues but I had more suspensions parts that needed to go in right away.

If I had the time and budget I would've upgraded the spindles, sub-frame, LCA tie-rods etc.

Now would be a good time to upgrade your front suspension at least do the Tyrol rigid collars and new stretch bolts.

I was thinking about Collars and a Sway Bar but I have not found anything or anyone selling a aftermarket Subframe, would you happen to know of one?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking about Collars and a Sway Bar but I have not found anything or anyone selling a aftermarket Subframe, would you happen to know of one?

There aren't any aftermarket options. Stick with the stock subframe.

I think the only other option is the OEM TT part. It would be a similar setup to the BFGoodrich/APR MaxR build, very expensive since you would need all the other supporting mods.

Other mods to consider while your subframe is out:
subframe mount (VWR, HPA, 034)
front sway bar brackets (Hotchkis)
end links (Whiteline, FK, Neuspeed)
bushings (Whiteline, H2Sport)

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
There aren't any aftermarket options. Stick with the stock subframe.

I think the only other option is the OEM TT part. It would be a similar setup to the BFGoodrich/APR MaxR build, very expensive since you would need all the other supporting mods.

Other mods to consider while your subframe is out:
subframe mount (VWR, HPA, 034)
front sway bar brackets (Hotchkis)
end links (Whiteline, FK, Neuspeed)
bushings (Whiteline, H2Sport)

Awesome thanks for the info., I will take a look at these sometime today and tomorrow for pricing and performance.

Shuino

Passed Driver's Ed
By chance does anyone know a good place to pick up used car parts besides eBay?

I really do not feel like dropping $381 for the Subframe on Keffer its got to be cheaper somewhere.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised noone has made a tubular front subframe assembly