GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crossover frequency for Dynaudio with Eonon VWA12

Lej

I just installed the Eonon VWA12 on my 2012 GTI Autobahn. The new head unit has a DSP and I'm looking for help tweaking the HPF and LPF settings. I can't find any information about the frequency response of any of the speakers. (Maybe I'm not a good enough Googler)

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Are the speakers stock? As a basic starting reference, I don’t run excellent 6.5” midbasses lower than about 70hz. This is will solid baffles, and good sound deadening. You’ll probably not want to go below 80-100 hz. As for the low pass filter, that is taken care of via a capacitor in the OEM tweeter (assuming you’re running OEM speakers) so turn that off.

Lej

Are the speakers stock? As a basic starting reference, I don’t run excellent 6.5” midbasses lower than about 70hz. This is will solid baffles, and good sound deadening. You’ll probably not want to go below 80-100 hz. As for the low pass filter, that is taken care of via a capacitor in the OEM tweeter (assuming you’re running OEM speakers) so turn that off.
The speakers are indeed the stock Dynaudio speakers. The low pass filter was off when I first started using it. I suppose I couldn't tell if that state was an improvement from the RCD330 and RNS-15 that I had before.

I was nervous about blowing the tweeters but now that I know it's got analog protection, I have peace of mind. Thanks!

I was hoping that you'd come along and answer since your name pops up in all my searches about audio.