GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Slipknot absolutely should be opening for Slayer instead of the other way around.

Slipknot's first album was pretty sick tho.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I submit that MOST hugely popular musicians are overrated. Yes, they may be good, good at performing, have some good songs, but most musicians ride on a 'snowball into an avalanche' effect into their massive fanbases and at the end of they that fanbase is only there for 2 of their songs - because most of their material is just OK, just like every other artist.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i like indy/underground music for the same reason i like fat chicks: they try harder!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I submit that MOST hugely popular musicians are overrated. Yes, they may be good, good at performing, have some good songs, but most musicians ride on a 'snowball into an avalanche' effect into their massive fanbases and at the end of they that fanbase is only there for 2 of their songs - because most of their material is just OK, just like every other artist.
Almost all popular things are like this.

Tesla super popular. Really annoying fan base.

Do they make the best cars? Not even close.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Primus puts on a hell of a live show. Same for Gorillaz and Flaming Lips.

Been to a lot of shows over the years. Worked in music tech for a while, so that got me into a lot of unexpected places.

Madonna put on a great show. Motley Crue, the crowd is a fucking spectacle, got a hug from Tommy Lee. Saw the last Beastie Boys show in Boston, got yelled at by Mike D for drinking beers out of the cooler for his family reunion after the show.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Primus puts on a hell of a live show. Same for Gorillaz and Flaming Lips.

Been to a lot of shows over the years. Worked in music tech for a while, so that got me into a lot of unexpected places.

Madonna put on a great show. Motley Crue, the crowd is a fucking spectacle, got a hug from Tommy Lee. Saw the last Beastie Boys show in Boston, got yelled at by Mike D for drinking beers out of the cooler for his family reunion after the show.

Beastie Boys were one I never got to see, and wish I did :(

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Almost all popular things are like this.

Tesla super popular. Really annoying fan base.

Do they make the best cars? Not even close.
Tool is really popular. Maynard has called his most hardcore fans "insufferable retards" lol

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
You're going to do a cover of a song from a band you're opening for?
Chrissie Hynde & the Pretenders (sp?) opening for Neil Young did an amazing version of "The Needle and the Damage Done" also I never knew till that show how good a guitarist Neil is.

Saw REM when they were a College band (V. early 80's)
1st big show maybe J. Geils?
1st bought albums = 2 James Taylor: Sweet Baby James and Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath

I still listen to the orig. Sabbath.

CSB:

Mrs Mud "I don't really like Black Sabbath"
Me "That's because you don't listen to it loud enough"

also in the list of recent shows Guy Mintus was the best show. He did mostly Gershwin numbers and did incredible versions

#gettingolder

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Black Sabbath is amazing.

Just not live cause Ozzy be yelling "oh yeah " at really inappropriate times.

"Follow me now and you will not regret. Leaving the life you had before we met....oh yeah!!!"

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
They were always the same fan base...

Sister fuckers are sister fuckers.
was it you that submitted the term 'goat fuckers' last week when we were talking about the woman who was killed for not wearing her punjab? if so, thank you, it has a great ring to it and i've been using it ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.