GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
kitty that was on the track at the cup race yesterday ended up getting hit by one of the cars :(

Cats are assholes. Not saying it deserved to be hit by a car, since no animals deserve that. But only an asshole would get on a track and (potentially/try to) interrupt a race.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Cats are assholes. Not saying it deserved to be hit by a car, since no animals deserve that. But only an asshole would get on a track and (potentially/try to) interrupt a race.
im going to smack you in the taint at the chicken joint

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I've been conflicted by my options for awhile now lol but I am most certain it will be an R.

My other options:
B9 S4/S5
8V S3
AP2 S2K

A good friend of mine REALLY wants me to get a BMW, specifically the E92 M3 or the F82 M4. But I could care less for BMW, plus they are far too expensive for maintenance.

I don't wanna buy a car where I have to worry "oh will this be the day i spin my crank hub or rod bearing goes out??"

I think the R is the perfect car, and definitely one of the best you can buy for the money.

I've never driven a B8 S4 (or S5), but have driven a B9 A4. While the car is definitely super comfortable and the higher trims/packages have all the fun technology, it just felt too big to me. I don't see the S4 feeling any different, since it's the same size.

The 8V S3 is pretty much the same thing as the R. Buddy has one, and it's a great little car. Personally I don't like the interior and the way the Audi MMI works, but that's personal preference.

Absolutely no experience with an AP2 S2K or anything even similar. But I lump any 15 - 20 year old "performance" car in the same bucket as Rice's B5. A fun weekend/project car, but not something you want to have to rely on as a reliable daily. Just the nature of the beast. If this car isn't meant to be your daily, the have at it.

tl;dr: Get an R, even if you don't buy mine 😂

vu.

Autocross Champion
CSB:

While I was gone, my friend sold his Subaru to get an S3 from Carvanna back in Dec. Not even an hour later of having it... car goes into limp mode. Got an error code for the cam "shift" actuators or along the lines like that. The car was heavily neglected and to this day is still dealing with the limp mode issue despite replacing plugs, coil and a few cam actuators.

Note to self: Don't buy from Carvanna.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
SmartSelect_20230227_111236_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20230227_111251_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20230227_111302_Chrome.jpg

vu.

Autocross Champion
I think the R is the perfect car, and definitely one of the best you can buy for the money.

I've never driven a B8 S4 (or S5), but have driven a B9 A4. While the car is definitely super comfortable and the higher trims/packages have all the fun technology, it just felt too big to me. I don't see the S4 feeling any different, since it's the same size.

The 8V S3 is pretty much the same thing as the R. Buddy has one, and it's a great little car. Personally I don't like the interior and the way the Audi MMI works, but that's personal preference.

Absolutely no experience with an AP2 S2K or anything even similar. But I lump any 15 - 20 year old "performance" car in the same bucket as Rice's B5. A fun weekend/project car, but not something you want to have to rely on as a reliable daily. Just the nature of the beast. If this car isn't meant to be your daily, the have at it.

tl;dr: Get an R, even if you don't buy mine 😂

Yeah that's what I said to myself. The R is a really good car and the perfect upgrade if you are coming from the GTI. Only 2 things it has to be for me is '17+ and a DSG (sorry manual friends im switching side like Gunna LOL).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Yeah that's what I said to myself. The R is a really good car and the perfect upgrade if you are coming from the GTI. Only 2 things it has to be for me is '17+ and a DSG (sorry manual friends im switching side like Gunna LOL).

17+ and DSG you say... I can offer you one with the most detailed service history (with receipts to back it up) out of any R you'll find :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.