GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dado's CW 2010 Golf 2.5L

soofuLL1

Passed Driver's Ed
Lovin everything man! Makes me want to start journaling. Hopefully that curb incident gets situated!

davserbic

Ready to race!
Another Snap

TRIGGER FINGER ITCHY

Snapped this photo today.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

A LITTLE COLOR FUN

So I decided to attempt to paint my brake calipers red since the stock 2.5L Golf comes with unpainted, silver or metallic finish calipers.

The process was relatively straight forward and easy to do. I cleaned up the calipers using metal brushes, mostly using brass and stainless steel brushes to really get the dust, dirt and rust off of the caliper. I used brushes but if you have drill attachments or a dremel/rotary tool, I would suggest you use that option to save yourself some elbow grease and time.

Overall after masking everything off and giving them a good paint, I think they came out pretty good. What do you think?

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

IT'S BEEN A WHILE - UPDATES!

Schwhaaat up.

That winter sucked and so it's been a while since I've shared anything. I've been cruising around the winter keeping warm.

I will be creating some new posts really soon with the latest and greatest. Expect some new shots too. Here's a quick list of some of the posts that are to come and their stories.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

BLUE TINTED AND HEATED BLIND SPOT SPLIT MIRRORS

Someone ended up clipping my passenger mirror overnight and completely shattered my mirror and sent it sliding down the street.

Next morning I ordered a pair of mirrors from UroTuning. They were super quick about shipping and did super goo job packaging everything but even still, they arrived shattered. A few minutes on the phone resulted in me having a new set being shipped to me immediately, free of charge. UroTuning — your customer service is AWESOME. End result was waiting a few days extra for my new mirrors to arrive.

The mirrors took a bit of getting used to because they are aspherical so there is a bit of distortion to allow for blindspot coverage. After a week or so of driving, you really get used to it and stops being an issue. I love having the ability to see in my bloodspot with a quick glance at the side mirrors. Though you should ALWAYS just check for yourself over the shoulder anyway.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

COILS TO THE MAX

Fenders have been rolled -- should be able to stuff larger wheels soon or run some spacers upfront in the meanwhile. Learned a lot in the experience — number one thing to remember is to take your fucking time. A quick few rolls can send your fenders into an oblivion on uneven chaos. My first wheel is "meh" at best but the last one doe..

So I maxed out my coilovers.. which makes me want a bag set-up now.

Starting to do a little a bit of research on bag setups now. Any advice from first hand experiences would be well appreciated! :w00t:

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

DIY GTI EXHAUST ON 2.5L

So I decided to switch from a single outlet 2.5L exhaust to a duel outlet GTI exhaust. Primarily because if I want any exhaust in the future, I can easily purchase any GTI exhaust. Also, the rear GTI diffuser/valence looks more aggressive.

Since swapping exhausts its not a straight swap, a little DIY was in order. The basic breakdown is that the 2.5L stock exhaust has two resonators and the GTI only has one. Once swapped in, a 24" piece of exhaust piping needs to be fitted between two exhaust clamps to connect (the length of the second resonator.)

Parts required:
  • 1x Stock GTI Catback
  • 1x P/N: 1K0253141N OEM Exhaust Clamp. I got mine for $23.09 on Parts.com —OEM beats aftermarket on this one big time. Trust me.
  • 1x P/N: 5K6807521H9B9 OEM Exhaust Valance. I got mine for $119.07 on Parts.com. There is a aftermarket OEM replacement at RockAuto.com for $101 shipped.
  • 1x P/N: 5K6807441C9B9 OEM Tow hook cover for the valance. $9.20 on Parts.com.
  • 1x ROL P/N 548634 24"x 2-1/4" ID Tailpipe. Got this from Oreilly for around $7.
  • 1x Exhaust expander for the above pipe. Oreilly rented me one for free.

The whole project cost me roughly $225 when it was all said and done. This DIY project is obviously about aesthetics over performance. The actual gains of the exhaust are minimal. The sound itself has changed, becoming deeper and a tad louder since you're essentially deleting a resonator.

Once you're done, take a step back and enjoy! Definitely makes a difference!

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

JUST THE TIP, JUST TO SEE HOW IT FEELS

After the exhaust swap, I noticed a lot of carbon buildup on the exhaust tips. :mad0259:

Obviously, it time to do something about it. After reading some threads on here, I decided to purchase some Eagle One Never Dull and some "0000" Grade Steel Wool. It worked like a fucking charm!

Check out the results below. (Ignore the broken license plate frame! :paddle:)

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

VIOLA!

So I got the wheels and tires figured out and mounted. I decided to run 215/35s originally but ended up returning them for 215/40s. I was afraid the 35s were too thin for the roads that are in my area. I haven't had a lot of time as of recent to update but I've been loving them since I've gotten them.

MAKE: ESR
MODEL: SR02's
SPECS: 18x8.5 (et30) 18x9.5(et35)
TIRES: Nankang Noble Sport 215/40s all around.

Thoughts?

Last edited: