GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer refused to sell the car because I requested free mat kit :O

snoman

Ready to race!
You should have negotiated the mats earlier in the sales process instead of right at the end before you are about to sign the paperwork on the price you agreed to. Think in the reverse if last min try said they wanted 200 more for the car wouldn't you be upset

kev0

Ready to race!
Damn just realised how much more we pay in RSA.

30k USD is roughly R210 000 South African Rands, I paid about R340 000 for my GTi

P

plac

Damn just realised how much more we pay in RSA.

30k USD is roughly R210 000 South African Rands, I paid about R340 000 for my GTi

OH NO YOU DIDNT!!!

340,000 RANDS?? Thats crazy talk. Now 280,000 rands.. then we might have a deal.

How much does a downpipe cost, 25,000 rands?

Heroic_Kaizer

Passed Driver's Ed
When I bought my 2011 GTi...manager saw the papers and goes "huh no mats"? and auto matically writes in free floor mats onto the paper. Im not quite sure how much it is to buy the monster mat at the dealers in Canada

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
I know where the OP is coming from, the manager had a really bad attitude. What dealership lets a customer walk away on floor mats? Business must be good. When I got my 2011, the car came with the protection kit (monster mats, trunk liner, those L shape thingys) the OE carpets, and a bunch of freebies (t-shirts, hats, coffee mugs, key chains, bags) and I didn't pay a dime upfront, not a cent, and I had filed bankcrupcy a year before that.

Candy11

Ready to race!
Do you have to have a '12? If your being that thrifty maybe you should find an '11..... Their are 4 '11s at my dealer right now.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Dude, heres the thing, The mats still cost the dealer something! If they were already at a blow out price (i didnt read the whole thread) then how much more you think they can go!? I mean when you go to the grocery store and buy milk do you expect the cereal and the bowl and spoon to come with the milk? Its something just like that! Dealers believe it or not need to make money, they dont get free electricity (SPELLING) or there employees dont work for free. I know its hard to believe but there isnt thousands and thousands of mark up in VW's!

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
A deciding factor also could have been your attitude/mannerisms/tone of voice....etc.

If you were being "pushy",.....like....."HEY!.....This is B.S.....Get me some mats or I'm outta here"

Or, were you "civil"..... like........"Excuse me, I just noticed there are no mats. I'm paying over 30k for this car....any chance you could throw in some mats?"

Maybe there are 2 sides to the story and we're only hearing yours.

Either way, whether you were being nice or not, I find it hard to believe that a salesman or manager would let you just walk out and lose the sale over a set of mats. That's stupid (on both parties)

JhnR

Banned
fuk that 30k and at least they can throw in a free mat.

sorry but a lot of ppl settle with the dealer deals. i dont and never will. its either my way of deal or no way. i can find enough dealers who can sell me a car how i want it ;).

called skillz bruh

i got $2000 off invoice for my 2011 GTI. everything BUT leather. nav heated seats, matts ,etc i bought it earlier this year. my story has more shit to it, but anything is possible.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
fuk that 30k and at least they can throw in a free mat.

sorry but a lot of ppl settle with the dealer deals. i dont and never will. its either my way of deal or no way. i can find enough dealers who can sell me a car how i want it ;).

called skillz bruh

i got $2000 off invoice for my 2011 GTI. everything BUT leather. nav heated seats, matts ,etc i bought it earlier this year. my story has more shit to it, but anything is possible.

2000 off msrp you mean??