GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership VIN typo -- fun stuff

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
But to make a long story short when I bought my GTI this summer the dealership managed is mis-type my VIN in to the MVA registration database but somehow managed to give my bank and insurance company the correct info. A few months go by and I get a phone call from the insurance company to inform me that they are running in to issues updating my insurance with the state because the VIN didn't match...go figure. Thankfully there is a local tag and title place that was able to get everything corrected but the state hit me with a $50 charge to correct/re-issue my title and registration. "Stuff" happens and people make mistakes but hopefully the dealership will do the right thing with out a big fuss.

Since I'm still working with the dealership I'm going to leave their name out of the post.

Moral of the story DOUBLE CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE DEALERSHIP

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
Well it has been six weeks and after emails and visits to the dealership still no check :-(. I guess Heritage VW's sales department probably won't be getting any more business from me.

Their service department is good though.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Well it has been six weeks and after emails and visits to the dealership still no check :-(. I guess Heritage VW's sales department probably won't be getting any more business from me.

Contact VWoA. They will take care of it. If nothing else they'll likely issue a $50 customer cash certificate to be used on service/parts/accessories.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion

Harford road? if so ive avoided them like the plague after they called me a liar and said i hit something with my car.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Tell them to give you the money or Report them to DMV, they get processing fees from you etc, tiltle tags, etc. They don't want a problem with the State.

jni3

Ready to race!
that's because heritage is garbage.

Skivvy9r

Ready to race!
When I went to trade my last car for the GTI we learned my title and registration had a typo in the VIN. Before I could complete the trade and take ownership of the GTI I had to get a corrected title. Next day I took the old title, registration and window sticker from the old car to the DMV. Took 30 minutes to get the corrected title at no cost. One of my most pleasant DMV experiences.

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
When I went to trade my last car for the GTI we learned my title and registration had a typo in the VIN. Before I could complete the trade and take ownership of the GTI I had to get a corrected title. Next day I took the old title, registration and window sticker from the old car to the DMV. Took 30 minutes to get the corrected title at no cost. One of my most pleasant DMV experiences.

If the MVA messes up the title they fix it for free, when the dealership does it it costs $50 to get a corrected title. I went to a local title place to avoid the MVA. It was well worth the 30 bucks. Before anyone says anything I didn't ask the dealership to pay for the title place's fee, just the MVA's.

*update*
Since Heritage is part of MileOne I've sent message to them. Let's see what that does.

Some have suggested contacting VWoA, I'll save that as a last resort. This issue isn't really a problem with VW and I don't like to jump links in the "chain of command" if you will. MileOne "runs" Heritage so that would be my next logical step.

Last edited: