GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deep's first car build!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Spyder LED heads!

I had been going back and forth on this for quite some time. That the bi-xenons looked just right for the car made it even more difficult. I personally loved the lights, but it lacked in two departments:
- Weak DRL. I was using the fogs as DRLs.
- Daytime look. Without well-defined DRLs, the lights look quite ordinary from a distance.

Tbh, LED tubes have really grown on me since Audi started them a few years back. They lend a clear definition to the face of the car. There were many after-market options for the Mk6, but I was waiting for that OEMplus look. In came these lights from Spyder. I spoke to a few people who had installed these heads and they sounded pretty upbeat about it. I couldn't find a real-life example on a TR so kept deferring it. And then eBay announced an awesome deal-day. I took the plunge! :cool:

Again, a ton of thanks to OPD for helping me out. At least, LaminX was a cake-walk this time ;) The obligatory install pic:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
So, here's how it looks on the car :) The bi-xenons were really good, but these ain't bad either :thumbsup: Always wanted LED heads and never quite liked the Mk6 ones with separated LED bulbs. These turned out a lot better than I had imagined! And those LED tubes are BRIGHT! Love that "GTI" red-strip which continues from the grill. All said and done, I am a fan :wub:

Against the setting sun:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I can't remember what code it was, but I was having an issue where the LED DRL's would work fine, then you turn the headlights on, and the halogen bulb, the LED DRL's and the LEDs on the bumper would all turn on, but after about 5 seconds, all the LEDs would flicker, and then shut off and it would throw a headlight code.

Ended up having to turn down the brightness of the LED's through Vagcom in order to get them working right. Still using the stock halogens, planning on going to LED's soon.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
I can't remember what code it was, but I was having an issue where the LED DRL's would work fine, then you turn the headlights on, and the halogen bulb, the LED DRL's and the LEDs on the bumper would all turn on, but after about 5 seconds, all the LEDs would flicker, and then shut off and it would throw a headlight code.

Ended up having to turn down the brightness of the LED's through Vagcom in order to get them working right. Still using the stock halogens, planning on going to LED's soon.

Good that you were able to figure out the part about LED brightness, but thankfully nothing of that sort happened to me. Did you give Spyder folks a call? I bought the heads from Vipmotoz (reseller) and I had called them for some questions. They were pretty responsive. Both are based out of CA. I am using an HID kit btw, not the stock halogens.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Good that you were able to figure out the part about LED brightness, but thankfully nothing of that sort happened to me. Did you give Spyder folks a call? I bought the heads from Vipmotoz (reseller) and I had called them for some questions. They were pretty responsive. Both are based out of CA. I am using an HID kit btw, not the stock halogens.

Yeah called both Spyder and the seller. Seller told me to contact Spyder, Spyder told me to contact the seller. Neither were helpful. I'm on stock halogens still. Gonna upgrade soon as I start work again.