GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deleted rear wiper

Halvie

WOOSA
i don't remember having to bend them in. from what i recall, i felt like i just lined it up. then again, its been around 6 months since i did it.

Definitely doesn't just line up. The panel is just too wide. Don't want to force it because the plastic tabs that align it are so weak and shitty.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
then i most likely had to do a bit of bending to get it in.

EDIT: just noticed hearty saying the same thing couple posts up.

Halvie

WOOSA
then i most likely had to do a bit of bending to get it in.

just like if you don't get it the first time pretty good chance it is fucked and won't align properly. I have gone through several. Sick of all the shitty plastic tabs and other cheap crap that strips so easily.

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
just like if you don't get it the first time pretty good chance it is fucked and won't align properly. I have gone through several. Sick of all the shitty plastic tabs and other cheap crap that strips so easily.
man, that is real sucky right ther. :( hope you get it done. if you're still having issues, let me know i'll take mine apart real quick to see how i got it back in, the first time.
That's what she said.

Sent from my iPhone with typos

haha. nice one hearty.

SoCalR32Boy

789/5000 .:R32
just did this mod with a nylon cap from home depot for only like a dollar. I used the same one i used for my r32. Will post a pic once the sun comes up

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys do when rain mists your rear window up? It looks great but form<function

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Don't know if its been mentioned but, you can easily remove the wiper arm with a terminal puller.

I was thinking of painting the GTI badge in flag color scheme.

Schlen

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't know if its been mentioned but, you can easily remove the wiper arm with a terminal puller.

i would also like to add to not use a hammer like stated earlier in the thread and pry up the arm, i put a decent size dent just below the wiper hole trying to do this and had to have a PDR guy come out and correct it. just do not be afraid to pull on it quite a bit, it is not connected to the glass, the motor passes through so you can use a bit of force, and patience.

apollosfury

designeddwk
sorry to bump this old thread, but i was just checking to make sure things are the same for the mk6 as they are for the mk5 which it appears they are.

a tip: when you take the nut off the wiper arm, turn it upside down and re-thread on about 2 threads. then take a pair of pliers and squeeze the wiper to the nut. pops it loose easily. i've done 3 mkv's using this technique.

for reference: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2499562&postcount=10

aslander

sorry to bump this old thread, but i was just checking to make sure things are the same for the mk6 as they are for the mk5 which it appears they are.

a tip: when you take the nut off the wiper arm, turn it upside down and re-thread on about 2 threads. then take a pair of pliers and squeeze the wiper to the nut. pops it loose easily. i've done 3 mkv's using this technique.

for reference: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2499562&postcount=10

Sorry for bumping this as well, but I have to say that this comment saved my day.

I normally have a bike rack on my car and sometimes the automated reverse wiper will go off when I forget to turn the wipers off before reversing. Usually it isnt a problem, but recently it happened and my wiper arm exploded.

I ordered a replacement arm, but when I went to take the arm off, I could not get it off. I spent an hour trying everying and was afraid of breaking the glass, the motor, etc. After seeing this comment, I screwed the nut back on a little bit and used pliers and it came right off. Thank you genius!